Keep on learning, keep on learning don't stop no!
Welcome To Tierra Del Sol Elementary
Dear Tierra Del Sol Family,
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year. I hope you enjoyed your summer and have made long lasting memories with your children. I am honored and privileged to start another school year at Tierra Del Sol.
At Tierra Del Sol, the teachers and staff are committed to providing a positive, challenging, and academically-oriented learning environment for all students. Our goal is to provide learning activities which require high levels of critical thinking and reasoning, accompanied by application of learning to real-world situations.
One of the most important components of a great school is the partnership between the school and parents who work together for the best interest of children. The close partnership between home and school is one of the exceptional strengths at Tierra Del Sol. I appreciate and encourage parents to be actively involved. It is my hope that all of us- families, teachers, and staff will work together to continue to foster in our students an enthusiasm for learning and an appreciation for education.
MY PERSONAL EDUCATIONAL VISION
Our Tierra Del Sol community is a family. As educators, we must treat each child as if they were our own. We must work together, support each other and realize that no one person is bigger than the school/family.
We will all work hard, support one another and grow together. Our school is our family – success is a by-product of our commitment to working together and respecting each other.
8/4/23 Pre-School/Pre-K and Kinder Teddy Bear Parade
8/4/23 FREE DRESS FRIDAYS FOR THOSE WITH PERFECT ATTENDANCE FOR THE WEEK
8/8/23 COLLEGE DAY- WEAR YOUR COLLEGE-UNIVERSITY SHIRT WITH JEANS
8/11/23 FREE POPCORN FOR ALL- SPONSORED BY P.T.O.
8/23/23 CLUB SIGN UP IN CAFETORIUM- SPACE IS LIMITED
8/25/23 POPCORN SALE $1.00
8/28/23 HANKS SPIRIT WEEK BEGINS- WEAR YOUR FAVORITE DISCO OUTFIT
8/29/23 WEAR RED, WHITE AND BLUE
8/30/23 WEAR YOUR FAVORITE BEACH ATTIRE
8/30/23 HOMECOMING PARADE-
8/31/23 WEAR YOUR WESTERN OUTFIT
9/1/23 PRE-SCHOOL, PRE-K AND 1ST WEAR YELLOW
2ND GRADE WEAR BLUE
3RD GRADE WEAR PURPLE
4TH GRADE WEAR PINK
5TH GRADE WEAR GREEN
9/1/23 FITNESS WALK DURING PE
News from our Cafeteria
This year we are asking that the SIF (Socioeconomic Information Form) be submitted online prior to September 29th! The information we receive helps support the amount of our Title I funding as a campus
To complete this information, simply click the link: https://sif.yisd.net.
If your family has more than one student at your school, only one SIF must be completed as long as each child's name is on the form. If your family has children at numerous campuses, they must compete the SIF at each campus. If you have questions regarding the SIF please contact us at (915) 434-5800
In addition, we have a new application we will be rolling out that allows family members to view everything from the menu, to the nutritional value and even allergy considerations.
School Information-Pictures/School Breaks
District Provided School Supply Kits
Dress Code Policy 2023-2024
TDS DRESS CODE POLICY
· PreK & Pre-school MUST wear a RED polo or Tierra spirit tee shirt.
· GRADES K-5th - Gold, teal or black polo shirt with collar (logo is optional).
· Any TDS spirit shirt (STAAR testing, Spelling Bee, Anniversary, etc.) is also acceptable
· College shirts may be worn on Tuesdays
PANTS/ SHORTS/ SKIRTS/ SKORTS
· “Docker” style (not brand) pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers (dress) in khaki or navy blue.
· Traditional blue or black denim jeans have been added. No holes in pants, please, and pants need to be worn at the waist.
· SHORTS/SKIRTS/SKORTS/JUMPERS must be longer than the middle ﬁngertip when hands are to the side, even with leggings underneath. Shorts are recommended under skirts and jumpers during P.E.
· Appropriate dress code as per district policy will still be expected and enforced on free dress days.
· Closed-toe/athletic shoes should be worn at all times.
· Zipper/Button front sweatshirts/sweaters are allowed as long as uniform can be seen.
· Pull over hoodies, sweatshirts, or poncho type pull-over jackets will be allowed while students are outside.
· The uniform shirt may be worn over a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt or turtleneck for warmth.
· For safety reasons, only stud earrings are allowed.
· Sunglasses, caps and hats may be worn outside.
Clothing should not be:
· Gang related (including gang related religious artifacts such as beaded crosses or rosaries that are worn as necklaces).
· Have abusive or suggestive language or suggestive symbolism/have chains or long belts from the waist PLEASE NOTE: a uniform check will be conducted periodically by the classroom teacher.
PLEASE NOTE: A uniform check will be conducted periodically by the classroom teacher. If students come to school in inappropriate attire, the parent will be called to bring a change of clothes. If the parent or guardian cannot be reached or is unable to bring clothing, the student will be oﬀered clothing from our school clothing bank. If you need help with uniforms, please see the counselor.
TDS “FREE DRESS” GUIDELINES
The following guidelines will be in effect for all days designated as “Free Dress” days. The regular Tierra Del Sol dress code is in effect on all other school days.
· Pants/ Shorts/ Skirts/ Skorts
· Pants may be any color or style but must be within the guidelines below
· Shorts, skirts and skorts must be no shorter than the fingertips of the extended arm.
· Not Allowed:
o Spandex shorts/ pants/ leggings
o Sweat Pants
o “Baggy” or sagging:
· Shirts can be any color and may contain graphics (see below for restrictions).
· Tank tops with two-inch wide straps at the shoulder are allowed.
· Not allowed:
o Spaghetti straps, fish net, tube tops, bare midriffs
o Clothing may NOT advertise tobacco, alcohol, or violence.
To maintain an orderly and safe environment for all students the following mandatory guidelines for free dress days have been put into place.
Please note: Administration has the right to deem clothing inappropriate and require student to change into uniform shirt and bottom.
The following clothing is NOT allowed:
· Skin tight bottoms (leggings or spandex) that are worn alone (may be worn under dress, skirt, skort or shorts).
· Bottoms with cut-outs or tears (openings that expose skin).
· Bottoms that do not appropriately fit (no baggy or saggy).
· Low rise bottoms that do not cover skin.
· Bottoms must be no shorter than two inches above the knee.
· Spaghetti straps, cami/undershirts, plunging necklines (front or back), off the shoulder, bare midriff, see-through shirts, or tube tops may not be worn even if covered with a jacket or sweater.
· Blouses/shirts must be long enough to go over the waist of the pants or long enough to be tucked in.
· Clothing that advertises or supports offensive, profane language or gestures, or any type of drug, or violence.
· No caps/hats are allowed while inside the building.
**Athletic shoes MUST be worn on any
free dress occasions for safety reasons.**
TDS After School Childcare Available PK-5th Grade. 3:30-6:00
All Pk-1st Parents will need to park and pick up their student(s) from the classroom teacher on the playground next to Larry Ziegler. Parents will be allowed on the playground at afternoon pick up.
Students with siblings will be dismissed with the youngest student’s teacher