We can't believe the first week of May is already over! We are getting excited about the upcoming summer as well.
- GOAL Dessert Theater is May 20th.
- Yearbooks are on sale now! Yearbook signing is an important part of our last day, May 27th.
- Last day of the school year is May 27th.
- Finished the orders for the sugar scrub.
- Learned about solar energy and took turns driving a remote control solar car.
- Took care of recycling and planted squash.
Fitness and Wellness
- Walked on the track!
- Added may to our journals and created a calendar with important May dates.
Skills for Independence
- Finished our unit on Fire Safety.
- Discussed past, present and future events.
- Made cookie dough for dessert theater.
- Continued the Circles unit: Red Circle- three categories of strangers.
- Began a new unit called "Measure me!".
- Continued learning the capitals of states.
- Used ink stamps.
- Added a couple of stretches to our exercise routine.
- Made omelettes and discussed the correct handling of eggs, kitchen safety and hygiene.
Basic skills and office
- Learned values of money.
- Reviewed our iPad checklist of skills.
- Continued to work on typing.
- Read two articles about candy in America and our diets.
- Read about the Panama Canal.
- Learned why people celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!