Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: October 5, 2020
Last week, Contra Costa County officially moved from the Purple Tier 1 to the Red Tier 2 with regard to COVID-19 cases. If the county remains in the Red Tier 2 for fourteen consecutive days, districts/schools will have the option to return to in-person instruction.
To get more information and share feedback about the MDUSD reopening process, please view Dr. Clark's Friday Letter, complete the survey emailed to you by MDUSD, and view details about the special Board Meeting on Wednesday:
Although this has been an extremely difficult start to the school year, we are so proud of our students for what they are doing, and so grateful for the support all of you are providing them! As we wind down the quarter, and engage in these important reopening discussions, please continue to encourage your children to do their best, reach out to your teachers if you need support, and contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Sincerely,
Pine Hollow Middle School
- “What do you notice when you look at this data?”
- “Can you identify strengths from this report?”
- “What is something you feel like you are doing well?”
- “What areas are challenging to you?”
- "What can we do to improve for the next Diagnostic coming later in the year?"
California Student Mock Election
As for the real election on November 3rd, you can check your registration information, request a ballot, find your polling place, and learn about your elected officials here.
Student Council Elections / Leadership
The Leadership class will also be starting Spirit Days and other fun activities this month to help engage students during Distance Learning.
Virtual PBIS Rallies
Update From the PTSA Board
Although we are not on campus, the PTSA is working hard to find ways to support the students and staff. Below is some important info on upcoming events:
- Staff Appreciation Lunch on October 7th. Special thanks to Pine Hollow family and owners of El Tapatio in Pleasant Hill for supporting this event!
- Virtual BINGO Night from 7:30-8:30pm on October 23rd. More details to come – follow us on FB to stay up-to-date.
- Weekly Dine & Donates. Skip cooking and support Pine Hollow... Click here for the schedule.
- Spirit Wear. Students will start receiving PBIS points for wearing spirit wear and the PTSA is going to start weekly FB challenges (more details to come). Click here to purchase Pine Hollow spirit wear.
- Popcornopolis is back! Orders can be placed starting 10/12 on the PTSA website.
- Family Raffle. Parents and families are working hard to support their students during distance learning. To show our support, the PTSA will be doing a monthly raffle with prizes for parents and families (check our FB page for more info)
- Facebook Updates. Stay up to date on everything we are doing by following us on FB.
- Pine Hollow is launching the PBIS Program this month. The program was designed to reward students with points that they can use to shop in the PBIS store. The PTSA needs help stocking the store with quality prizes for students. Please shop the Pine Hollow Wish List (all items ship directly to Pine Hollow). For every $10 in items you donate, you will receive one entry into our raffle or an Echo Show!
Meal Distribution / Free Meal Application
Also, MDUSD is encouraging all families to apply for free meals moving forward so that the district can receive appropriate funding. Click here for more details and to apply now.