Week #22 Jan. 29-Feb. 2, 2018
What's Happening Week #22
*Reminder please keep Visitor Parking open*
- PC CAASPP Webinar
- PBIS - ADMIN 1:00
- Fire Marshall Visit after 8:30am-TBA (evacuation plans posted)
- KCSOS Student Funds Accounting Workshop (Susan, Shelley, Kelli, Kimberley)
- ELPAC testing for ELL students begins
- PBIS District Leadership meeting, ESC 8:00-3:00
- PTA Executive Board Meeting 3pm
- Ed tech 2:30pm
Friday 2 - GroundHog Day! Sports Jersey Dress-Up Day!
(Team Patriot or Team Eagles??)
- Heather Robbins at SES
- Share what fun activities you have planned for the day!
- Superbowl voting *Students will predict the winner of the Superbowl! (Copy link and have students vote online)
- Classified LCAP Input, FLB 8:30-4pm
Students Vote for Superbowl Winners!!
Mark Your Calendars!
- 2/5 AT 1:00
- 2/6-2/8 Teacher Conversation Meetings (roving sub)
- 2/7 Winter Olympic Games (PBIS) 10 tickets
- 2/8 Caaspp pre-test PC meeting 8-1pm
- 2/9 Delac Meeting 12:30 ESC
- 2/10 BSO Concert & Petroleum Club Dinner SES (grades 4-5)
- 2/12 HOLIDAY
- 2/13 Leadership Meeting 2:30 Susan's office
- 2/13-2/15 Nutrition Audit
- 2/14 Valentine's Day Parties- please send list of parent volunteers to office
- 2/19 HOLIDAY
- 2/20 Staff Meeting 2:45 Library, Committee Reports
- 2/22 SARB #3, ESC
- 2/22-23 Big Smiles at SES
- 2/23 SES Bike & Pedestrian Safety Lessons (grades 3-5)
- 2/24Saturday, Special Board Workshop (LCAP)
- 2/27 Lifetouch Spring Pictures
- 2/28 UDL Sanger Visitation
- 3/1 February SOM Awards, Library
- 3/2 Dr. Seuss & Community Reader Day
- 3/3 County History Day Competition
Differentiating Instruction by Richard Villa
P.O.P. Power of Positive
- Congratulations to Michelle McNamara's class for earning their 5th BINGO! Great job!
- Thank you to Kalyn Davis for taking our students to the District Science Fair! Four of our students are moving on to the Kern County Competition!
- Our PTA is doing a fantastic job planning and organizing activities for the families of SES! We appreciate our staff members serving on the board!
- Thank you to Alicia Miyake and the All-Star crew for organizing a fun All-Star "Wednesday"! The weather was lovely and the students did not want it to end!
- We had a great day with Dr. Nancy Akhavan learning to improve our small group reading instruction. Thank you to everyone for your input and feedback. We look forward to seeing small group reading successes!
PBIS RockSTAR Focus
*If you did not pick up the new classroom PBIS posters, they are in Michael's Office.
Respect towards others-an ongoing issue.
Keep your hands to yourself-(recommended for Primary)
Respect & Sharing with others-(great discussion starter)