Bosak Updates Sept 7-11
1. Students are given 2-3 warnings before a letter is moved below the line.
2. A reflection plan will be filled out with a teacher (Ms. Bosak or Ms. Venkus) when 3 or more letters are moved below. --This means your child has had 9 or more warnings about their behavior and has not changed.
3. Please sign or initial their PAWS plan each night. This helps me to see that you are aware of your child's behavior.
4. If your child has lost all four letters, 3 or more times during a card marking period this will result in a silent lunch.
5. Fun Friday began today!!! Students that had not earned it, sat out for 5 minutes and then joined in. (I would like to run this like a time out. If they lose letters, they will sit out for a few minutes and then join. With that being said, if your child has lost a letter every day, they will not be participating).
6. No one is perfect and please expect that at some point in the year, your child might lose a letter. I would not worry unless you see this become a trend. :)
7. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am very willing to work with parents, but I need to know the concerns first.
Next week they will learn:
After we do MClass testing to determine reading levels, I will begin to differentiate the sight words and challenge or review more with small groups.
Snacks, Lunch and Bathroom Breaks
Please remember, during snack time this is a quick break for us. The students should have 1 snack and a drink. Many students are eating 2-3 snacks during this time. Great snacks for the morning are: fruit or veggies, yogurt, Go-Go Squeeze, goldfish, granola bars, etc. Many students are taking a few bites of various items and then tossing them. The snack time should take us about 10 minutes to eat.
We take a class bathroom break every 2 hours. I am trying to encourage the children to be on a schedule with the class and only go with us. Many children are still having to use the restroom every hour. Currently, I am not sure if they are really having to use it that much, just need a break from the room, or just like to go and play around in there. Please talk with your child about going with the class and how at times they can wait till the next break to go. I completely understand that in some cases, they might have to use it more often, but at this age, many children should not be having to use the restroom every hour.
Also, thank you to everyone who donated a gift card to donorschoose.com. I was able to fund our next project: Magnetic Letters for building words. We have a set of 480 magnetic letters and mini magnetic white boards on there way as well. I can not wait to begin to use these in our Daily 5 Centers to build words.
7:50-9:20-Reading and Writing Workshop with Daily 5
9:20-9:40- Snack and Bathroom Break
Sept 8: No School
Sept 9: Pictures--Wear Navy PLP Polo and Khaki Bottoms
Sept: 10: Ms. Venkus's birthday (We will be making cards in the class and Shannon Hirschfeld is making a special treat--Thank you!!)
Sept 10: Mrs. Kurtz will come in and talk about Character Education