Club 45 Weekly
Let's get creative about connecting!
Hey there Club 45 families!
We are missing all of you this weekend, as the Duluth Vineyard Church follows the MN department of health's request to avoid gatherings of 250 people.
This is going to be different for sure! But God has used times like these in the past to do good things in the lives of his people and in the world! And we trust that he will work these things together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose right now, too. Check out Romans 8:28!
We gathered at Andrea's house to watch Saturday night church live, pray for you all, and ask God for his absolute best for you and for our church community. We believe this season can be a great time to gather together in smaller groups and build community in a different way. We may even invite you to gather with other Club 45 families in a smaller way on a Sunday for a hike in a park if this time stretches on!
We also put together together this newsletter-style Club 45 to help you connect with God wherever you are today. Our emails appear at the bottom, and we would love to hear from you! We'd also love to connect you to other Club 45ers during this season. Want someone's email or contact info? Just call or email one of us, and we'll see if it's OK with them and connect you up!
Let's find new ways to build each other up in this season.
Love your Club 45 team,
Tom, Andrea, and Aaron
Gather up some family and friends and let's do Club 45!
We always like to start with a name game. Today, tell everyone:
- Your name
- How are you on a scale from 1-4? (1 is not so good, 4 is excellent)
- Answer one or both of the following questions: "What's a time when you tried to get someone's attention?" or "What's your favorite way to spend time with a family member or friend?"
Let's imagine this story together from Matthew 6
Let's think about that a little bit!
- Why did the Pharisees pray? What did their prayer sound like? What did other people think when they heard the Pharisees pray?
- Why does God listen to us?
- When does God listen to us?
- What special skills or knowledge do we need to pray and spend time with Jesus?
Take a moment and think about this question:
- Is there anything that holds you back from spending time with Jesus?
Whatever it is, lock this in: Jesus wants to spend time with us ALL the time. He loves us. Nothing can separate us from God's love in Jesus.
Quiet time - just you and Jesus
Find a spot where you and Jesus can chat. We want to spend some time talking to Jesus about anything that is on our minds, and listening to anything he might say back to us.
To begin, you might close your eyes and imagine yourself somewhere with Jesus. Look at him in your mind and tell him what you're thinking. Ask him about things that you are wondering about.
After a bit, you might want to print out this version of the prayer Jesus taught his friends in Matthew 6. Circle anything that stands out to you. Write little love notes to your heavenly daddy.
- What parts of Jesus' prayer stuck out to you? Why?
Pray for each other
Get in Touch!
aka "Tom Cat"