St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
"Sharing Christ through Academic Excellence"
Week of March 18, 2019
School Calendar of Events
March 18- New family enrollment begins
March 18-29 IREAD test window for 3rd grade
March 19- School board meeting @ Flatrock 7pm
March 22- Report cards go home
March 29- School in session- PARENT DRIVE DAY
March 30-April 7- Spring Break
April 16- School Board meeting with e-learning discussion
May 1- Early Childhood Open House 4:30-6:30pm
May 3- Spring Concert
May 31-Last day of school
This week we are praying for...
Keith/Janell Sorg & Steele
Ken/Kalynn Sorg & Owen and Natalie
Laundry Detergent Pickup Set
19-20 New Family Enrollment Here
Current and new families, if you are planning on applying for an SGO or School Choice scholarship, please send me the first page of your 1040 sometime in March. There is a new process to apply for an SGO. For next year you will apply for an SGO online and just send me the 1040 to upload for you. The website will be available in early April. Watch for more details to come.
If you have questions about the process, please don't hesitate to ask Amy in the office or myself.
- The carnival is still looking for volunteers for the Spring Carnival. Whether you need volunteer hours or not, please consider signing up to help. There is still plenty of spots that need to be filled. Please encourage family and friends to volunteer also as we are only asking 1/2 hour of your time. We also are encouraging 7th & 8th graders to volunteer for games also. Here is an easy link to do so: http://signup.com/go/XFPpqJj
- Room parents: Carnival baskets need to be finished the week of March 18th-22nd before spring break.
- Still in Need of 2 big dog cages for the animal rescue game. Email Stephanie Foster at email@example.com
- All Parents: The PTL will need a carnival chairperson for the 19-20 school year. If you are interested, please talk to Stephanie Foster if any questions or concerns
- Carnival Setup will be Friday April 26th at 6pm
Volunteering at SJE
Please note the info in bold below and see where you might be able to help/volunteer. If you have not yet volunteered this year, please consider doing so.
**Please note that your volunteer hours this year (18-19) will reduce or eliminate up to $400 of the tuition increase/student set for the 19-20 school year.***