FNE Instructional Technology
Integrating technology to improve instruction
Our Tech Stars
Eagles Tech Stars program
Congrats to the new members:
You can check out their progress on the Eagle Tech Stars' Edmodo page.
Teacher Tech Stars
Forest North is full of teachers who effectively integrate technology. Who are the tech all-stars our students revere?
- Top Adobe Visual Communicator: Librarian, Kristen Fournier
- Top Prezi User: Librarian, Kristen Fournier
- Top Google Calendar User: Librarian, Kristen Fournier, Assistant Principal, Mary Decker
- Top Digital Research: Librarian, Kristen Fournier
- Top Blogger: Librarian, Kristen Fournier
- Top Video Downloader: Art Teacher, Angie Bell
- Top Activslate user: Kindergarten teachers
- Robotics Champ: 4th Grade Teacher, Cynthia McCollum
- Top Google Label-Maker: Principal, Amy Jacobs
- Top Promethean Board User: 2nd Grade Teacher, Jenni Rhea
- Top iPad User: Kindergarten Teacher, Claire Smith
- Top Edmodo Users: Librarian, Kristen Fournier, 5th Grade Teachers, 3rd Grade Teacher, Meredith Moore
Click here to view the full list!
Tech News and updates
Our campus is a completely wireless campus! We currently have one 25 station PC computer lab equipped with a Promethean interactive whiteboard that is available for scheduling, and five wireless laptop carts that are assigned one per grade level. Each grade level is also assigned a media cart equipped with a laptop, LCD projector, Promethean ActivSlate, and document camera. Additionally, we have a good supply of digital still cameras and digital video cameras for both students and staff to use. Students have access to a wide array of software titles ranging from Microsoft Office to Lego Robotics software.
Students and staff at Forest North Elementary will be using TECHNOLOGY to transform educational practices in a manner that supports purposeful problem-solving, performance-based assessment practices, and experiential learning. This will be done in such a way that alignment to the curriculum is maintained, learning is made increasingly relevant, students are authentically engaged, critical thinking is required, and the 21st century skills and state technology TEKS are realized.