Social Development & Learning
By Kristiana, Kimberly, and Josselyn
Learning Through Cause and Effect
- Is a relationship between events in which one event, the effect, is caused by another event.
- Infants learn that they can get their needs met by crying.
- Learn that certain behaviors earn a positive responses from adults.
Learning Through Imitation
- Watch the behavior of important adults in their lives
- Parents should show kindness and patience
- Teach it through examples
Sending Clear Messages
- Know +response and -response
- Smiling= Love, unclear
- Provide many responses
- -fear of unfamiliar people, usually expressed by crying
- normal part of social development
- simply need time and understanding
Infant Social Development Stages - Baby Activities by Age