Band Notes: Week 34
April 1- 5
A Note From Your Directors
We are so proud of the Honor Band and their Sweepstakes win last week! It is Symphonic Band's turn this week and we are inviting EVERYONE out to our final parent performance on Tuesday, before UIL on Thursday. Please see below for details. **We have a spirit night on Thursday at Slim Chickens so come on out and support The Staley Band!**
AB Families: No more sectionals for Honor Band this week! Symphonic band's final sectional is Tuesday from 3:45-5:00pm. See below for details.
BB Families: Week 3 of Scale madness begins this week and we are so excited to see who our final winners are! Please keep encouraging your musician to work on their scales and solo each day!
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
Symphonic Band Final Sectional and Parent Performance
Tuesday April 2nd- Final Sectional/Parent Performance
Since our performance is during the school day and we know many parents will not be able to make it out- we will have a final rehearsal and parent performance.
Dress: Whatever you wear to school (no concert attire)
Itinerary for Tuesday 4/2/2019
3:45p - Rehearse on Stage (this final sectional/event will count as a performance grade)
- 4:45p - Parent Performance begins (should last about 15 minutes)
Symphonic Band UIL Schedule
When: Thursday, April 4th
Where: Independence High School
Uniform: Black Polo, Black Pants, Black Shoes/Socks
***All students need to sign and return THIS permission slip by Tuesday, April 2nd***
Symphonic Band Schedule
8:00a - Students arrive at SMS Band Hall
9:00a - Warm-Up (parents are encouraged to find a seat in the IHS auditorium)
9:30a - Stage Performance
10:00p - Sight Read in the band hall (parents are encouraged to attend!)
10:40a - Arrive back to Staley
Congratulations to the Honor Band for a fantastic performance and earning Sweepstakes at UIL!
Spirit Night - Slim Chickens
Thursday, April 4th, 3:45pm
9770 Dallas Parkway
Mr. Wood and Ms. Hoffman will be there around 5:30pm if you want to come and have dinner with us.
Urban Air - Reward Trip
Who: Open to every band student who participated in the solo contest (all) and UIL (HB/SB).
**Students were given the permission slip last Friday and must return it and money by this Friday, April 5th.**
You may access the permission slip by clicking HERE.
- Scale madness is a head-to-head scale match up where a different scale is chosen every day. Students play the scale to the best of their ability and the most accurate scale moves on to the next round of tournament play.
- To help your "Scale Athlete" perform to the best of their ability, please encourage them to practice their scales for you at home!
Beginning Band Solos
Solo contest for Beginning Band AND those who missed the AB solo contest is April 11th.
- April 4: Symphonic Band UIL Competition (During School)
- April 5: Urban Air Permission Slip Due
- April 11: Solo Contest (After School at SMS)
- April 12: Reward Trip to Urban Air (8-10p)
- April 24: Special Olympics (During School)