May 2nd-May 6th
Mrs. Bordonaro's Baby Shower
- May 5th from 11:45-1:15
- If you would like to volunteer for the party, please sign up here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d45a5a923a75-mrs
- Thank you for all of the donations for the party. I know this day is going to be very special and lots of fun for Mrs. Bordonaro. We so appreciate all that you have done to make it happen!!
- If you have a card or gift to send in, please bring it on Wednesday (Mrs. Arnold's work day). That will give anyone that might forget, an extra day.
- We will be starting our next unit: Peopel who make a difference
- We will also be continuing our other two research projects
- People who make a difference: students will work independently and will study a person who has impacted our word and write a report about him/her
- Animal Life Cycles: Students will work in pairs to study the life cycles of an animal and create individual projects.
- We will be taking a break from a phonics rule this week and will be revisiting our study of syllabication
- Previous rules that we have studied: breaking up the twins (lit-tle), break between two consonants (win-dow), break off prefix or suffix (pre-test and quick-ly) and open syllable (o-pen).
- Rules we are focusing on this week: r-controlled vowels: break the word into syllables after the r-controlled vowel and r (tur-key) and words with -le: break the word into syllables before the consonant -le (ea-gle, noo-dle)
- Remember...If your child needs extra practice, there are lots of resources on our website.
- We will be continuing our new unit: Geometry
- Focus of the week: Nets. A net is a two dimensional figure that can be folded into a three dimensional object. Extra practice can be found at https://illuminations.nctm.org/activity.aspx?id=3544
- Make sure you are looking for the Symbaloo on the 2nd grade website if your student needs additional practice.
Other Important Dates
We have lots of important dates coming up:
- May 4th: Spirit Day "May the fourth be with you"~Star Wars or Space Attire
- May 5th: Baby Shower for Mrs. Bordonaro
- May 19th-Open House
- June: Talent Show (date to scheduled soon)
- June: Field Day (date to scheduled soon)
- June 22nd: Last Day of School
Have a minute or two to spare?
If you are able to do some prep at home, please sign up on our Sign Up Genius.
Thank yo so much!!
Mystery Readers Wanted
We have been able to extend our Mystery Reader dates. We would love to have you join us for our Library time to read us a book. You can also hang out with us while pick out our books. We finish around 3:00 and then you may take your sweet duckling home with you.
If you are able to join us, please sign up: