Weekly news & info for our students and parents
- Does your student need some extra practice and studying for the SAT or ACT? Check out the SAT/ACT Bootcamp. Dates, times, and how to register can be found here.
- If your student is interested in joining the UIL Science team, please have them see Mrs. Salazar in Lab 1 or email her. There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, Oct. 24th during Advisory in Lab 1.
- School picture retakes will be THIS Thursday. If your student was absent or wants to retake their picture, this is the day! Students should come to the auditorium during advisory or lunch with your proofs for retakes. Seniors who need Senior Portraits or retakes have been assigned a time slot. They need to check with Mrs. Fondren if they do not know their time.
- We will be offering the ASVAB (Armed Services Aptitude Battery test) for students in 10th - 12th grade on November 19. The ASVAB is a multiple-choice test used to determine a student's strengths in order to help them choose a career path and is open to all students, not just those who are interested in joining the military. Click here to sign up. Deadline to register is November 1.
- Just 2 weeks left for Yearbook Senior Ads! Design your own ad and recognize how great your Senior is! Visit jostensadservice.com to create and pay for your ad. All ads are due by Nov. 1st.
- 10/21-10/25 - Red Ribbon Week, see above for dress up days
- 10/22 - Senior Cap & Gown meeting during advisory
- 10/22 - Blood Drive, must be 16 to donate
- 10/22 - Parent University on Facebook Live, 6-7 pm
- 10/24 - Picture Retakes for underclassmen & seniors
- 10/26 - StuCo Fall Festival
- 10/31 - Senior Girls order Cap & Gown
- 11/1 - Senior Boys order Cap & Gown
- 11/1 - Pep Rally, MHS Arena, 1:40 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 22nd, 5:30pm
923 South 9th Street
Varsity - 6:30
Freshmen Football Games
Thursday, Oct. 24th, 5:30pm
100 Elk Drive
Blue - 7:00
JV Combined Football Game
Thursday, Oct. 24th, 6pm
1800 South 14th Street
Volleyball (Senior Night)
Friday, Oct. 25th, 5:30pm
923 South 9th Street
JV/Freshmen - 6:30
Saturday, Oct. 26th, 8am
Mesquite Memorial Stadium, Memorial Boulevard, Mesquite, TX, USA
Congratulations to the Panther Regiment as they received a superior ‘1’ rating from each of the judges at their competition on Thursday! 23 straight years of top ratings at UIL Region. They have now qualified to advance to the Area round which takes place on October 26th.
Congratulations to the Varsity Tennis Team as they won both the Bi-District match AND the Area match. The Panthers are headed to Regionals!
Congratulations to MHS XC Varsity Teams for qualifying for Cross Country Regionals. The Varsity Girls & JV Girls are your Back to Back 14-5A District Champions. Tanner Henderson is your Boys 14-5A Back to Back District Champ.