Announcements, updates, and weekend preparations!
FRIDAY, August 5th, 2022
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
As We Exalt God, We Edify One Another
For Our Mutual Good
Exaltation is the vertical dimension of our corporate response to God’s initiating grace. Edification is the horizontal dimension. Both take place at the same time. As we exalt God, we edify one another.
Hundreds of the great hymns of the faith give us words to praise God and encourage the body of Christ at the same time. “A mighty fortress is our God.” “How deep the Father’s love for us.” “What a friend we have in Jesus.”
These songs reflect the biblical teaching that those who are filled with the Spirit show it by “addressing one another” when we make melody to the Lord (Eph. 5:19). Our unity and our praise are connected: “May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another [edification], in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ [exaltation]” (Rom. 15:5–6).
Click here to continue reading.
Sunday, August 7th
Late Summer 2022 Session - "For the Church"
Join us for this SPECIAL 5-week Block of Crossroads University. Everyone 6th grade and up will gather in The Worship Center during the 9:30am Ekklesia in one large group to "Be the Church". It is our honor to get to introduce a lineup of godly men in our body who will instruct us in various topics of Bible Study. We will wrap up the Late Summer Block with the Elders sharing The State of the Church.
Plan on joining us for this great block of Crossroads University to celebrate the church!
Click here to join "For the Church"
Friday, August 12th
Sunday, August 21st
Wednesday, August 24th
Sunday, August 28th
Baby Dedication Celebration
A baby dedication is a time set aside for parents who follow Jesus to commit themselves to receive and dispense Biblical instruction as parents responsible and obedient to The Word and the Holy Spirit. It is a time for the family to surrender their child back to the Lord our God, King of the Universe, Creator, and Savior of our souls.
CLICK HERE to signify you are interested in this special celebration for your family. A member of our staff will be in touch with you to provide more information and answer any questions.
Save These Important Dates That Are Coming Up Through The Rest Of The Year!!!
- Sunday, August 7th: Crossroads University - Late Summer 2022 Session Cont.
- Friday, August 12th: MOPS Mother's of Preschoolers Mtng 10am-noon at Crossroads
- Sunday, August 21st: Baptism Celebration - Outside, following the 10:30 Worship Experience
- Wednesday, August 24th: Stephanie Martin Missions Update during Midweek
- Sunday, August 28th: Breakfast with the Ekklesia @9:30am in The Underground
- Sunday, August 28th: Baby Dedication Celebration during The Sunday Morning Worship Experience at 10:30am
- Friday-Saturday, September 9th-10th: Burger Barn
- Friday-Saturday, September 23rd-24th: Ladies Retreat here at Crossroads
- Sunday, October 2nd: Tailgate
- Saturday, October 15th: Strike 4 Hunger
- Friday, October 28th: Trail or Treat
- Sunday, November 20th: The Well: Thanksgiving Edition @6pm
- Saturday, December 24th: The Well: Christmas Edition @6pm
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
Check Out Midweek's "Over The Hump"
In order to keep our communications streamlined, we have broken our weekly reminders into three smaller digital publications. If you missed this last week's "Over the Hump", click the image above to check it out or refresh your memory. "Over the Hump" focuses on Missions Highlights, Prayer, Offering Reports, Reminders, etc.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / email@example.com
Bonnie Burns - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
- 816-718-2153 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 22 years and it's good to have for the general public. The church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
Office Hours: 10am-3pm Monday thru Thursday
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is only in the church offices part-time while serving as a full-time EMT for the Odessa Fire Protection District.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Bonnie Burns is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church offices during office hours.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House”.
Connect with Us!
...by leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live.
Finding a new church or choosing a church for the first time is a daunting and somewhat scary task. Crossroads Connections is designed to help you better understand what pursuing Covenant Partnership looks like at C2 and why a person should make a covenant with a church family. We'll pull back the veil and give you a sneak peak into the "behind the scenes" of Crossroads, our mission, vision, values and strategy, how we're structured and how you can be a part of it, IF that is where the Lord is leading you.
There is no obligation...this is simply a prayerful "fact-finding" opportunity for you, as someone that has attended multiple times, to investigate Crossroads a little further.
Lunch is FREE and Chilldcare can be provided, upon request. Part of the experience is meeting and getting to know others who are possibly embarking on this new journey with you, but if that doesn't work for you or your schedule, our Elders are happy to meet with you personally or even do a Zoom meeting.
Click here to register or go to SignUps in Church Center