The One iPad Classroom
student engagement x10
Fred's Favorite Apps
Collins Big Cat http://collinsbigcat.com/apps
Bitsboard and Bitsboard Pro http://bitsboard.com/
Strategies for Finding Useful Apps
Curriculum/Target Connection - Are the skills being reinforced connected?
Authenticity - Are the skills practiced rote or at a higher level?
Feedback - Is it specific? Does it truly improve student performance?
Differentiation - Does the app offer degrees of flexibility and/or adjustment?
User Friendliness - Does the app have increased ease of use with few reminders and little assistance?
Student Motivation - Will students willingly use the app?
- Bring an expert into your class (Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangout)
- Use QR codes...for everything (i-nigma, goo.gl URL shortner)
- Set up a **check for understanding station** (Explain Everything, Google Forms)
- Digital story telling (Show Me, Educreations, HaikuDeck)
- Group script writing and movie making (Splice, Capture)
Great Apps and Great Ideas
Instagram - Social media through photos
Evernote - Store all your stuff!
Phonto - Mark up your photos
Dropbox - Store and share things
Penultimate - Sketch, note, and save
TED - Intelligent conversation
Pinterest - use a search term for "one iPad classroom"
Twitter hashtag - #ipad #ipaded #edapps