Civil War, Reconstruction Era
VUS. 7D Part 2
After the Civil War
After the war the South was left in ruins. Farms, railroads, and factories were destroyed in the South. Many cities were destroyed like Richmond or Atlanta. The South would stay largely Agricultural and the North Industrial. During this time period the North completed the Transcendental Railroad which upstarted the Westward Movement. The North and the Midwest became strong economical powers, laying the foundation for the U.S to become a Super-Power.
during this era the North completed the Transcendental Railroad which inspired Westward Expansion.
Richmond after the Civil War
Towns and cities were left in ruins after this war including Richmond, VA.
1. In what ways was Reconstruction a success? A failure?
2. What did the Fifteenth Amendment do?
3. How did the Civil War weaken the Southern Economy?
4. What were the positive and negative effects of Reconstruction?
5. During Reconstruction was the presidency weak or strong?