Valentines Day Class Parties!
Mark your calendars; February 15th will be a student holiday!
Why Student-Led Conferences?
Students have increased ownership of their own learning.
Parents and students have open communication about school, after-school activities and other important decisions in life.
- Teachers establish a stronger working relationship with parents and students.
How are student-led conferences different from traditional conferences?
Students participate in all stages of the conference. They prepare and organize work samples, use checklists to demonstrate new learning, and plan next steps.
Students lead the conversation to show what they have learned. They receive feedback from their parents and teachers about strengths and goals for improvement.
- Teachers actively monitor the conference, but do not lead the conversations.
Its a Groovy Week for a Book Fair!
- Jackets - please label your child`s jacket with their name or initials on the tag. If your child has misplaced or lost their jacket, please check the lost and found.
- Zippers - please continue to work on helping with zippers, they can be tricky for the littles!
- Recess - please keep in mind Kindergarteners go outside in the morning when it is still chilly; jackets, gloves, etc. are appropriate.
- If you would like to donate hand sanitizer to your child`s classroom it is greatly appreciated! Especially this time of year!!