Placerita Jr. High School - July 20, 2020
Para traducir este boletín al español, desplácese hasta el final y haga clic en Traducir. To Translate into Spanish Scroll to the bottom and click on Translate.
Scroll down to the bottom to view Placerita Family Businesses to visit this summer! Support our Placerita Families.
This Week at Placerita 7.20.20
Good Evening Placerita Families...
I hope you are all doing well and are having a good summer. We look forward to meeting our new families and getting to know you all even though it may different from the beginning of a regular school year. We are going to work on finding creative ways to get to know each of your students. There is a lot of information below so please take your time to look through each part.
Since we sent the last newsletter we didn't have any idea that we would be having such a difficult time returning to school. This summer has been stressful for everyone. We have worked through multiple plans to be ready for the fall just to have them all change; however, many of the plans we have worked on we will be able to implement when we do physically return to school. We were very hopeful that we would be able to return to at least some small part of normal, but as you should know already unfortunately that is not happening. Our major goal is to provide the best Distance Learning experience for everyone. This is a bigger task than before because we will be working from a different paradigm than the emergency plan last spring. The goal is to have live classes every period for your students where they will actively participate in activities and discussions.
We have several big things that we need to complete in the next two weeks so we will be ready for Fall Registration.
1) Complete the Online Registration Process if you have not already. If you have not, more instructions are included below. You may have received an email from our registrar Sonia Martinez about completion. If you are having difficulty please email her at email@example.com and she will work with you. Everyone must complete this process before we begin school.
2) Fill out all the paperwork that the incoming 8th graders picked up at the Big Drive Through and the 7th graders had mailed home last week. A full packet will be posted on line by Wednesday of this week. it will be right next to the top of the www.placeritajuniorhigh.org web page.
3) Participate in the Registration process in a drive through on August 3rd and 4th. We will give you more detailed information later this week with a reminder next week. Our 7th Graders will be registering on the 3rd and the 8th Graders on the 4th. We will sent you a more detailed time slot information by last name this weekend.
4) Students need to get logged onto their District Google Accounts accounts to access their Google Classroom accounts because they will need this to log in the first day of school. There are detailed instructions shown below in a PDF Slide Presentation.
5) I will be sending gout a separate technology survey for 7th grade families to determine the need for technology to start the year.
Take care and be safe. Have a good rest of the week!
Yearbook Drive Through
Purchase your yearbook for next year and for Incoming 8th Graders Only...If you did not pick up your yearbook from last year last spring you will have one more opportunity in the Registration Drive through line.
Online Registration Information
Click on this button to go to the District Page after reading the instructions below. Please complete as soon as possible if you have not done so. Thank you so much!
Instructions for logging in to Google for the first time
O'connor Photography Information
Ordering Your School Photos
Very Important Information About KidFlix
Placerita Fall 2020 Online Learning Schedule
Click on the link below for the District's plan for the Fall
Click on links below for information about COVID-19
Click on the button above to go to the Placerita Gold Club Wellness page.
This is a Spotify Link. You can also follow our Podcast on Apple Podcasts and many others.
Support these Placerita family businesses this summer!
Placerita Jr. High School
The William S. Hart Union High School District prohibits unlawful discrimination against and/or harassment of any student on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or sexual orientation at any District site and/or activity.