Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 3 . Issue 10 . Week of September 12, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
Our first quarter this year has sped by quickly! Fall Break will be the next two weeks starting September 19 to September 30th, 2022. Monday, October 3 is a non-instructional day. Students come back to school on Tuesday, October 4. It will be a regular day.
This week's announcements:
- Our first School Site Council meeting is this Tuesday online at 3:30 pm. Congratulations to our representatives this year! See the announcement below.
- There will be NO Tutoring on Wednesday this week due to our Faculty meeting.
- There will be an English Learner Advisory Committee meeting for Parents at school on Thursday at 9:00 am. We hope you can join us!
- The Rise Up Friday this Friday is with the Science department. If your student currently has an academic grade of D or F in this subject please plan to have them stay after school for more assistance this Friday with their teacher. They will be released at 2:15 pm.
- We had a great Pep Rally last Friday and some basketball games last Saturday. Baseball was postponed due to the rainy weather! This Friday we will have a Staff vs. Student B-ball games, weather permitting! Students, please do your Achieve 3000 article so you can attend this special Fun Friday activity!
- Our counselors have been visiting classes and presenting on Education Essentials! Last week, they visited 7th grade World Cultures classes and this week, they will be in the 8th grade U.S. History Classes. Parents, ask your students what they learned from their counselors!
- You may have heard that Ms. Hubner, Librarian and English teacher, will have her last day with us on Friday, September 16. Please take the opportunity to say thank you to her for her service at CVM. We wish her well in her next journey!
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Georgina.Meza@sweetwaterschools.org is our 7th grade Assistant Principal
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay