January 12, 2023
welcome Father raju and father saji
Today the Bible said, Jesus did three main things. Preach and teach, heal the sick, and pray. Jesus went around a couple countries and would preach and teach all around each one. Jesus will go around the countries and into their houses and heal the unhealthy. Jesus will go in the countries, going to houses, and was very popular. But every day he would take time to still talk to God. Kolten grade 4
In the homily, the priest talked about how maybe one day when you leave the school, we might not go to church or pray or stay Catholics. So it's good to get into the habit of praying every day I learned that even when you're not scheduled to go to church you should. Sienna grade 4
In the family from today's mass, Father said three important things. One thing is that Jesus, would preach and teach, heal the sick, and prayed. For prayed, he always found a quiet place to pray. For heal the sick, he scared away demons, healed fevers, and more. He would teach and preach about who God is and other things. JoJo Grade 4
No School Monday
Thank You for Sponsoring Our Police Officer
congratulations mrs. freeland
reregistration for 2023-2024
It's time to secure your child's spot at St. Joseph Catholic School for the coming 2023-2024 school year! All current families should have received a link on Monday, January 9th to reregister. There are two steps to confirm that your child will be returning in the Fall:
1. Using the link provided, complete the online application. This must be done by Friday, January 27th at 3pm.
2. Watch for the registration fee of $250 per child to be scheduled for payment via FACTs on January 27th. This will automatically be charged to your FACTs account with scheduled payment for 1/27. If you do not intend to return, or need to request a payment plan to cover the registration fee, please email Mrs. Brown at email@example.com and expect an email reply. We can only confirm that your email was received if you receive a reply from Mrs. Brown.
Parent Volunteer hours and reregistration
- To be considered "in good standing," all families must contribute (and log) 20 volunteer hours in Renweb. Only those students whose parents have contributed the full 20 hours will be accepted. Those parents who still need to contribute their hours may be placed on provisional acceptance pending the completion of the 20 volunteer hours. Please remember that volunteer hours are an expectation of all families of students at SJCS.
pto general meeting
new students for 2023-2024
If you know of anyone considering SJCS for their child next year, please encourage them to apply beginning on Monday. Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
SJCS School Spelling Bee
*April 13 and 14 will be a full, regular school day.
*School will dismiss at 2pm on Wednesday, April 19. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held from 2:30pm-6pm.
*School will dismiss at 2pm on Thursday, April 20. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held from 2:30pm-3:30pm.
Catholic Schools Week
catholic schools week masses
Gospel Reading this Sunday
"Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
He is the one of whom I said,
'A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me
because he existed before me.'
I did not know him,
but the reason why I came baptizing with water
was that he might be made known to Israel."
John testified further, saying,
"I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven
and remain upon him.
I did not know him,
but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,
'On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain,
he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.'
Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God."
- Jn 1:29-34
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier