The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 22, 2018
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
F&P Benchmark Week
Monday, Oct. 22nd, 8:30am to Friday, Oct. 26th, 2:30pm
- Please remember to book your release day substitutes through Source. Please articulate with your grade level: 1 sub per grade level, per day. If you have any questions just let me know!
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Oct. 22nd, 8am
- To the Gr3 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
1st Grade Parent Workshop
Wednesday, Oct. 24th, 5:30-7pm
- Dinner service will run from 5:30-6:00.
- Babysitting will be available!
The Principal's POV on...Consequences & SEL
- Related to the behavior
- Respectful of the student
- Reasonable for the STUDENT to carry out
- Revealed in advance (when possible)
Thank you for a fantastic week...and don't forget to share some ways that you ensure logical consequences in your classroom via social media or email!
TY to Mrs. Stewart and Mrs. Price for representing #BullockES at the Rowan PDS open house!
Words to Inspire...
Mrs. Burt joined my little morning mindfulness group this week!
News & Notes
October's SEL Article: The article for our October team meetings is now available next to the sign-in sheet on the front counter! Please remember to pick-up your copy. I can't wait to hear everyone's TQE's (thoughts, questions & epiphanies) about "Responding with Care to Students with Trauma."
Bus Evacuation Drill: We will be holding our fall bus evacuation drill on Thursday, the 25th. This won't impact our instructional schedules and will take place as buses arrive at school.
SGO Updates: Please turn in all SGO's by the end of the week. If you wanted to meet to review data, please reach out to Ms. Mannino to schedule. A breakdown of classroom SGO's are listed below.
- Gr1: F&P (team) & DIBELS NWF (class)
- Gr2: DIBELS ORF (class) & Fact Fluency (class)
- Gr3: DIBELS ORF (class) & Comprehension (class)
Power PD: See below for details on our upcoming series of Power PD sessions with Ms. Price! All faculty/staff are invited to attend!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Missy - thanks for your assistance with a lil guy today!—Rona
- Thank you, Heather, for representing Bullock at the Clinical Practice Open House!
A great big thanks to everyone who welcomed us into their classrooms last Friday. We appreciate your efforts as we pursue our second grade math initiatives. You are AWESOME! Fondly, Michelle and Sandy
Thanks Dave and Caitlin for all you do every day! –Kassie
Thank you for planning the read in Mrs. Castro!
Special THANK YOU to the entire Special Area Team for putting together our Hispanic Heritage Read-In.
Thank you to Mrs. Price and Mrs. Raynor for always collaborating and wanting to help with school-wide activities.
Thanks Kassie for a nice birthday surprise.
Thank you Sarah! You’re an angel.
Shout-out to Kelli for being so flexible and switching days with me for the trip. You’re the best!!!
Thank you Ms. Miner for letting me watch your Math lesson. It was great!!!
Thank you Debes for having a guest speaker come in to talk with our classes about bridges. The students are so excited for the STEM activity.
Castro thank you for arranging Spanish Heritage Day. You are always bringing wonderful experiences to our students. Twinkie and I love you.
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 10/22: F&P Window OPENS (10/22-10/26)
- 10/24: Gr1 Parent Workshop
- 10/26: CAST Meetings, Star Student Luncheon, Fossil Park Trips
- 10/29: Gr1 Team Meeting
- 10/30: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 10/31: Halloween Parade (1:30 PM)
- 11/01: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 11/02: Fossil Park Trips