January 23, 2020
Friday, January 24 is a half day of school. The elementary will dismiss at 11:40.
I hope everyone has had a great start in 2020. I am so excited to see what this new year will bring. At EJES we will continue to focus on being the best educators, students, families, and elementary school that we can be.
So far this year, I have very much appreciated the feedback that I have received from families. We strive to be the best school in the state! I love hearing all of the positive feedback on what is going well for our children. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us. It is so helpful.
As you may know, I plan on taking maternity leave around the end of February. I am excited to announce that Mr. Baese will be filling in for me as the principal during this time. Mr. Baese is no stranger to our district. He served as the Middle/High School Interim Principal in 2016-2017. Prior to this role he served as a principal in Ovid-Elsie Area Schools for 23 years. I know that he will be a great fit for our students, families and staff.
As always, should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.
With Red Devil Pride,
Skiing Opportunities in Northern Michigan! 4th and 5th students ski free!
Don’t miss out on the most exciting and educational performing arts workshop in the country! The Young Americans Performing Arts Workshop is making a stop in East Jordan to work with you for 3 days! Workshop days are March 8, 9 & 10.
Morning Drop Off Reminder
Williams Street is for bus drop off only. Please do not drop students off on this street!
Learn to Ski
Dates of Learn to Ski/Snowboard:
Friday, January 24
Friday, January 31
- 5:30pm @ Castle Farms
- Tickets - $50 per person - available in both school offices
- No Dress Code
- Buffet Style Food Service including appetizers, meat sampler table, taco table and seafood table
- Cash Bar after the first hour (first hour Sponsored by The Landing Restaurant)
- Live Band - The Broom Closet Boys
This is a fundraiser to help support EJPS programs including recycling bins, playground equipment, robotics club, field trips, band, choir and sports equipment. Please join in on the fun...you will not be disappointed!
Family Fare Receipts
SAVE THE DATE
- ½ Day of School-11:40 dismissal - Friday, January 24
- ½ Day of School – 11:40 dismissal - Friday, February 14
- No School – President’s Day - Monday, February 17
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, March 3
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Thursday, March 5
- ½ Day of School – 11:40 dismissal - Friday, March 6
- ½ Day of School – 11:40 dismissal - Friday, March 20
- No School - Spring Break - Friday, March 27 – Monday, April 6
- School Resumes - Tuesday, April 7
- ½ Day of School – 11:40 dismissal - Friday, April 10
- Cinco de Mayo Lunch & Spanish Concert - Tuesday, May 5
- ½ Day of School – 11:40 dismissal - Friday, May 22
- No School – Memorial Day - Monday, May 25
- ½ Day of School-Last Day of School - Wednesday, June 10 (dismiss at 11:40)