Town of Clarkdale Update
Nov. 17, 2023
Ribbon Cutting for Caballero Park
The Caballero Park renovation project has been funded by a Community Development Block Grant sponsored by the Arizona Department of Housing.
Please come join us as we celebrate completion of this beautiful renovation.
Council meeting wrap up
- Approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Arizona Department of Revenue for TPT Tax transmission.
- Approved ratification of the State of Arizona Mutual Aide Compact with the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs. This agreement allows us to participate in mutual aid activities in the event of a large emergency.
- Approved purchase of equipment for the Public Works Department, including a backhoe, mower, mini excavator, and trailer. These purchases were budgeted but exceed staff signatory limits, thus needed Council approval.
- Approved utilizing contingency dollars from the Streets Fund to repair additional sidewalks this fiscal year.
- Approved a contract for the design of the Third North Street sewer line. A notice to residents affected will be sent out for further details.
- Approved a Notice of Intent to set water and wastewater rates. Rates have not been raised in nearly six years. To fund $18 million in capital projects needed for the system, a rate increase is recommended. The Council has held two work sessions to discuss the state of the system in addition to the meeting Tuesday night. They will hold a public open house to provide additional information about the system and rates on Jan. 11 from 5-7 p.m. and will hold a public hearing at their meeting on Jan. 23, 2024.
Tuzi RAP to be closed during November
Major incidents for the week of Nov. 9 through Nov. 15, 2023:
- Nov. 13: Officer Montijo arrested a woman suspected of shoplifting at Dollar General. Sgt. Guth assisted.
- Nov. 14: Officer Jackson responded to a reported domestic violence incident in upper Clarkdale. A couple was arguing. There was no violence and the parties were separated for the night.
- Nov. 14: Officers received several complaints of speeders on Main Street in Lower Clarkdale. Officers are conducting extra traffic enforcement.
- Nov. 12 Verde River Ambassadors and police officers have been working overnight from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. monitoring the water tank on Panorama Way while continued repairs are underway.
- Nov. 13: Welcome Kimberly Washington, our new part-time Police Aide/Administrative Assistant. Kimberly has a first responder background, having been a police cadet, emergency medical technician, and emergency dispatcher. We’re happy to have you!
- Nov. 15: Officers participated in annual firearm qualifications at the range in Jerome.
- Nov. 15: Operations Supervisor Jen Julian completed the department’s annual juvenile justice compliance audit with the monitor from the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family.
Total Calls: 71
Calls Criminal in Nature: 0
Traffic Stops: 27
Citations Non-Traffic: 0
Requests for Citizen Assistance: 21
Animal Problems: 3
Requests by Other Agencies for Assistance:7
Assists Criminal in Nature: 1
Responses to Calls at the RAPS: 3
Domestic Violence Calls: 0
Warrant Arrests: 0
Next Town Council Meeting
The next meeting of the Town Council will be on Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. The second meeting in November has been cancelled.