Pendleton Elementary Primary
May 17, 2019
- 5/20 3rd and 4th Gr Track and Field Day
- 5/20 Field Classroom Color/Favorite Sports Team Day
- 5/21 Field Classroom Color/Favorite Sports Team Day
- 5/21 1st and 2nd Gr Track and Field Day
- 5/21-22 4th Gr Lemonade Days, $1.00/cup
- 5/22 Crazy Socks Day
- 5/22 3rd Gr Field Trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum
- 5/23 Twin Dress Up Day
- 5/23 Unified Special Olympics
- 5/24 Hat Day
- 5/24 PTO Reading Award Color Run
- 5/24 Preschool Olympics
- 5/27 Memorial Day - No School
- 5/28 Future Profession Day
- 5/28 Awards Day; 1st/2nd Gr 9:00am-10:00am, 3rd/4th Gr 10:30am-11:30am
- 5/28 Preschool Graduation 5:30pm-6:30pm
- 5/29 Clean Up Day
- 5/29 Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 5/30 Hawaiian Day
- 5/30 Talent Show 9:00am-10:00am
- 5/30 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - Have a Great Summer!!
***Important Car Rider Line REMINDER***
***Please REFRAIN FROM CELL PHONE USE IN CAR RIDER LINE, as accidents may occur***
4th Grade Lemonade Stand
PESP going Paperless!
STEM Camp - Crayon Collection
PESP Countdown to Summer
PESP's Crazy 8 Days begin Monday, May 20th.
Mon., May 20th: Field Day Classroom Color/Favorite Sports Team Day
Tues., May 21st: Field Day Classroom Color/Favorite Sports Team Day
Wed., May 22nd: Crazy Socks Day
Thurs., May 23rd: Twin Dress Up Day
Friday, May 24th: Hat Day
Tues., May 28th: Future Profession Day
Wed., May 29th: Clean Up Day
Thurs., May 30th: Hawaiian Day
Lunch Account Balance
2019-2020 School Year Registration
School Counselor's Corner
We only have a couple more weeks left of the year and I think the excitement is building for the summer. Our Project Care focus this week was on continuing to do the things that are making the year successful.
I challenged students to end this year on a high note and continually take every opportunity to take PRIDE in each and every thing that they do. Taking personal responsibility in their daily effort and always trying to give their very best. Yes it is the last few weeks of school but should they be giving any less effort for excellence than they have been giving the whole year? Let’s not give up and try and continue to push them through to the end with giving their maximum best.
School rules that were rules at the beginning of the year are still the same rules that are in place now. So if you can remind them to choose to live each day by the Honor Code and be Respectful, Responsible, Honest, and Safe, it may help them remember to continue to make good choices. If you could also remind them that one of our mottos at Pendleton Elementary Primary is “We care about everyone!”. Talk to your students about watching out for others and making sure that everyone knows that they truly care about them. Give them examples of how you show people how you care at work or in your life. Also, talk with your student about speaking up for others that are being mistreated. I always try to instill in our students that if they don’t do something to help then they are being part of the problem and not the solution.
Thanks for all your help getting your student to school and ready to learn each day. This will be my last message for the year. I wish you all a happy, safe, and relaxing summer!
Until next school year……..
Kids' Connection Summer Information
We will start enrolling for our summer program beginning April 15th thru May 17th. The handbook and registration form are on our website, http://smcsc.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=229084&pageId=893294. We create several positive experiences for children such as weekly field trips, swimming at Brown Pool, play at the park, make crafts and play lots of fun games. We are open 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will be meeting at Pendleton Primary this summer. Be sure to join us for a fun filled summer.
Wanted: School Bus Drivers!
Current substitute bus driver rate is $18.25 per hour.
Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a "S" Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S. Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
K-5 One Day Summer STEM Camp
After School Club Forms
Missed a form for an after school club?
Click on the link below and select About Us and open PESP event forms.
2nd Annual INCourage 5K and Kids Color Run
Outfitters Spring/Summer Shopping
We want to ensure that we reach all the families that need to shop as several emails have came back to us. Sending out the schedule would help ensure everyone is able to schedule.
1. Outfitters, Inc. is now accepting families for the spring / summer shopping season. Families who shopped in the fall are now eligible for shopping.
We look forward to seeing you!
The following announcement is to be proactive to ensure the upcoming change in the voucher program.
2. Outfitters Shopping & Scheduling News
Please look for the Outfitters flier in the eligibility email for scheduling information. That will serve as your voucher in the fall.
Fall shopping will begin tentatively on July 15 and be available through September 19, 2019.
Additional information will be available on our website at outfittersclothes.org
Pendleton Christian Church - Community Night
Pendleton Parks Public Forum
YMCA Summer Camp 2019!
- Diapers are one of the most expensive ongoing costs for struggling families with little ones.
- 36% of parents living in poverty run out of diapers
- Babies who remain in dirty diapers for prolonged periods experience diaper rash, infections and other health problems
- Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps
- Disposable diapers cost $70 to $80 per month per baby
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8