OHS Storm Forecast
Owyhee High School Back To School Newsletter 8-13-21
Open House August 17
We are excited to invite all Owyhee students and families to our Open House on Tuesday, August 17, from 4 pm – 8 pm. Stop by and check out YOUR wonderful new school. Principal Cliff Rice will be doing welcome presentations every 45 minutes in our Auditorium. Presentations will begin at 4:00 pm, 4:45 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:15 pm, and 7:00 pm. Please park in the North parking lot and enter through our Common Area doors.
Learn about some of the exciting clubs, activities, and athletic opportunities Owyhee High School has to offer. Representatives will be set up in our Common Area and would love to meet you! These opportunities are a great way to get involved in your new school! The following groups will be represented at the Open House:
- ASL Club - Renee Higbee
- Astronomy Club - Shayne Seubert
- Band, Orchestra, Color Guard - Katee Seubert
- Boys Soccer - Austin Rogerson
- Baseball - Russ Wright
- BPA - Kari Eggert
- Cross Country/Track & Field - Alan Perry
- FCCLA - Jerrica Leitch
- FFA - Michelle Young
- HOSA & Sports Medicine - Shayla Foster & Taylor Clark
- Idaho Central Credit Union - Kasey Orlik (ICCU/OHS Branch Manager)
- Key Club - Amanda Briscoe and Farah Boyle
- National Honor Society - Sydney Kuisti
- Owyhee Girls Basketball - Jordan Ax
- Photography Club - Hailey Pearson
- Speech and Debate Team - Brendan Malloy
- Storm Spirit - Cheer - Kerri Dunn
- Summer 2022 European Trip - Julie Hatcher
- Theatre Dept. & Theatre Club - Jessica Hibbs
- Yearbook - Angela Zuroveste
- Young Life - Zak Porter
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony August 19
- Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance - WASD Chief Communication Officer, Char Jackson
- Principal's Message - Cliff Rice, Principal of Owyhee High School
- Trustee's Message - Ed Klopfenstein, WASD Trustee, Zone 1
- Student performances - Owyhee High School Cheer and Band teams
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - Meridian Chamber of Commerce
- Building tours with Principal Rice available post-ceremony
Please click on the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony link below for additional information on Owyhee High School and it's construction history.
Device Distribution August 18 and 19
Device Distribution will be Wednesday, August 18th, from 12 pm – 8 pm, and Thursday, August 19, from 8 am – 4 pm. We would like to get ALL students their laptops prior to the start of school. Students can come anytime on either day. Students/Parents will park in the north parking lot and enter the doors to the commons area. Devices will be picked up in the commons area.
Students who are not able to pick up their devices on August 18 or 19 can pick them up in the OHS Library between the hours of 8 am - 3 pm starting Friday, August 20.
Participation Fees and Optional Fees
There are no required course fees at Owyhee High School.
All participation fees and activity cards are required to be paid by participants on sport and activity teams, prior to the first competition.
Sports Participation Fee $110.00
Activity Card (including tax) $44.50
Optional Fees for the 2021-2022 school year are now available on myschoolfees.com
Parking Permit $10.00
PSAT( for juniors only) $25.00
Yearbooks (including tax) $65.00
There will be an opportunity to make payments onsite at Owyhee High School:
August 16 & 17, 8 AM – 3 PM
August 18, 4 PM - 8 PM
August 19 & 20, 8 AM - 3 PM
Very Important Building Access Information
As our beautiful school gets closer to opening, I need your help in a couple areas. First, our school is not "open to the public" yet. We still have active construction in parts of the building and we need your help in not walking in and taking self-guided tours. There will be a time for this very soon, but for your protection and so we can stay on track of opening our school on time, please do not take it upon yourself to walk through the school. Our main office is staffed and you can call if you have any questions.
Secondly, for our students that are involved in fall activities/athletics, the only place you are allowed to park is in the north parking lot. Parents, please also park in the north parking lot to drop your student off/pick up for practices. This will help our outside construction companies to also continue their work and keep you safe.
I know you all are excited to come and see our amazing school. Open House next week will be the perfect time to tour our facility.
Thank you very much with your help in this matter.
Traffic and Road Construction Update
Traffic changes and road construction will be going on during the first few months of school. There will be a signal light at Owyhee Storm and Ustick Road that will be complete in late August or early September. The intersection of McMillian and Owyhee Storm is being widened and will be completed prior to school starting. The intersection of Star and McMillan will widen to three lanes in all directions and will have a signal. The intersection will be constructed in phases and will be complete by the end of November.
We’re following ACHD’s traffic requirements. There are multiple ways to enter OHS, so we’re confident that this area will be able to accommodate the traffic. I am attaching a map of the area so you can clearly see where the work is taking place. This map also shows where student, teacher, and visitor parking areas are. Please click the Road Construction Map link below.
Class Schedule Information
Parents, please note that your student’s tentative schedule will not be released on Monday, August 16th if you have not completed the required yearly Power School Parent Forms. These updates can only be done in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
For those who have completed the yearly forms, TENTATIVE schedules will be visible on Monday, August 16th after 3:00 pm. Please know that these schedules are subject to change as we continue to work to ensure that class sizes are balanced. Any change requests must be submitted through the online form that will be available on the OHS Counseling webpage starting on Monday, August 16th. All requests to change classes must be submitted prior to Tuesday, August 31st at 3:00, in accordance with district policy.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, August 17, 4 pm - 8 pm: Open House at Owyhee High School
- Wednesday, August 18, 12 pm - 8 pm: Device Distribution
- Wednesday, August 18, 4 pm - 8 pm: Bookkeeper available onsite for fee payments
- Thursday, August 19, 8 am - 4 pm: Device Distribution
- Thursday, August 19, 9 am: Owyhee High School Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - All Welcome!
- Friday, August 20, 7 pm: First Varsity Boys Soccer Home Game vs. Boise High School
- Thursday, August 26: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
- Thursday, August 26, 7:30 pm: First Varsity Girls Soccer Home Game vs. Timberline HS
- Thursday, August 26, Swimming Coed Varsity vs. Meridian HS - Away
- Tuesday, August 31: School Picture Day
- Thursday, September 2, 5 pm: Cross Country Caldwell Twilight Invite
- Thursday, September 2, 6:30 pm: Varsity Volleyball Home Match vs. Centennial HS
- Friday, September 3, 7 pm: First Varsity Football Home Game vs. Capital High School
- Tuesday, September 21, 6 pm: First Varsity Girls Rugby Home Game vs. Eagle HS
Bell Schedule and A/B Schedule
School Picture Day August 31
ID cards will be printed on the spot for each student. To ensure your student ID is marked as an Activity Card please purchase your activity card by Thursday, August 26 (first day of school). The cost is $44.50.
Activity cards give students free admission to home sporting events, and a discount to away sporting events. State play off and state championship events are excluded from the discount.
To ensure your student ID is marked as an Activity Card, please purchase your activity card by Thursday, August 26 (first day of school). The cost is $44.50.
Lockers and Backpacks
Backpacks will be allowed in classrooms.
OHS Spirit Gear on Sale!
Please click on the" OHS Spirit Gear Sale" link below or copy and paste this link into your browser:
Use discount code: spirit21
*Discount expires September 12, 2021 at 9:59 pm.
Physical attendance is required for the 2021-2022 school year. For those who feel uncomfortable attending school in person, Virtual School House is a great option.
We are excited to welcome students to Owyhee High School for the upcoming school year! for your convenience we have a phone line specifically designated for attendance! This designated attendance line will help to serve our students and parents in the most efficient. The Main Office phone number is to be used for incoming calls not pertaining to attendance. Before the school year starts, please take a moment to save these important numbers in your phone for quick reference:
OHS Attendance 208-350-4623
OHS Main Office 208-350-4620
OHS Fax 208-350-4321