St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: September 14, 2020
In Honor of Patriot Day, We Sang God Bless America
And wore our RED, WHITE, and BLUE!
We will NEVER forget!
Testing...1, 2, 3...
As you plan for next week, here are a few suggestions:
- Get to bed on time. Research shows that being well-rested helps students do better.
- Resolve any immediate arguments before bed. Minimize digital distractions.
- Keep your routine as normal as possible. Upsetting natural routines make children feel insecure.
- Mention the test to show you’re interested, but don’t dwell on it.
- Plan ahead to avoid any conflicts or stress in finding necessary items
- Get up early to avoid rushing and be sure to have your child at school on time.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast as research shows that they perform better if they have breakfast.
- Be positive. Acknowledge that tests can be hard and that they are devised so that no one knows all the answers. Explain that doing your best is what counts.
It is very important that your child attends school next week. There will be little time to make up any test and it is sometimes difficult to focus and do one’s best when one has to make up a test.
Congratulations Mary S!
Mary S, an artist from Gr. 4, St. Viator Parish School was selected as a finalist for this week's grade 4th-6th "Artist of the Week" award.
The winning "Artist of the Week" will be featured on the Artsonia homepage during the upcoming week and will receive a commemorative plaque. In addition, Blick Art Materials has generously donated $100 gift certificates to the winning teachers and $50 to the winning artists. We are anxiously awaiting results!
We are THANKFUL for YOU!
Thank you to all our families who have donated PPE to our school over the last few weeks! The disposable masks, homemade masks, extra no-latex gloves, and face shields are truly appreciated!
8th Grade Students - BGHS Application Opens Tomorrow
Parent - Teacher Conferences - Sign Up Available Now!
Grades PK through 4,
To sign up, click here:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca5a829a7f94-parent1
Prekindergarten and Kindergarten: Conferences are for parents and teacher only - no children.
Grades 1-3: Parents and teacher - your child may attend the conference, but is not required to attend.
Grades 4: Parents, student and teacher - your child is required to attend a scheduled conference.
To sign up, click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca5a829a7f94-parentIt is not mandatory to attend a Junior High parent-teacher conference unless specifically requested.
- Conferences begin at 1:15 p.m. each day. From 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. appointments are designated for joint-conferences, wherein you can request, or we may require, a conference with all teachers at the same time. If you desire a joint-conference, please contact your homeroom teacher to coordinate.
- If a conference is not specifically requested, you still have the opportunity to meet with any teacher to address any questions or concerns that you might have regarding Junior High progress. Simply choose a conference day and time. Please be sure to add your student's name to the comment section.
- Your child needs to accompany you for your scheduled conference.
Extended Care is available from Noon until 6 PM during conference week.
Can my Child Go to School Today?
Monday, September 14, 2020
- Celebrate our first Las Vegas Raider's game by wearing Silver and/or Black with jeans today!
Tuesday: September 15, 2020
Wednesday: September 16, 2020
- Please pray for our 3rd Graders who will be receiving their Holy First Communion tonight.
Thursday: September 17, 2020
Friday, September 18, 2020
- No school for 3rd grade today in celebration of their Holy First Communion preparation.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
- Please pray for our 3rd Graders who will be receiving their Holy First Communion today.
Note September 28th: No School due to In-Service and Professional Development
Blessing of the Animals
Friday, October 2 (the actual Feast day is the 4th), at 12:15 pm, OR
Saturday, October 3, at 9:00 am
For both days, bring your pets to the plaza outside of our church.
(If you cannot bring your pet, a picture will due.)
No animals are allowed on campus.