Ms. Kilar's Class News
Friday, February 19, 2016
Parent Teacher Conferences
The book fair will be held in the Shay multi-purpose room. Part of the proceeds from the fair will go toward 4th grade spring field trips. We thank you for your continued support.
- Reading: We read a historical fiction story about a young girl who was a stagecoach driver in the late 1800s. We focused on compare and contrasting the characters in the story and we reviewed character traits.
- Writing: We wrapped up our persuasive essays and focused on revising and editing.
- Grammar: We reviewed adjectives and identified the nouns the adjectives are describing in a sentence.
Science and Social Studies
Social Studies: We worked on commercials, posters and business cards for Mini-Society. Reminder that the Mini-Society date was moved to Tuesday, March 15 from 1:30-2:30.
- Feb. 22-26 - Spirit Week at Shay
- Feb. 25 - Math Test
- March 2-3 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- March 2-3 Between the Covers book fair at Shay
- March 1-9 - Swimming in the afternoon
- March 15 - Mini-Society 1:30-2:30pm
- March 16 - Last day of swimming in the afternoon
- March 28 - Classroom Battle of the Books
- March 30 - Final Battle of the Books
- Spelling: New spelling list, and front and back of the spelling sheet.
- Grammar: Front and back of the grammar sheets.
- Math: Worksheet
- Battle of the Books: Keep reading those Battle Books!
- As always you can continue to have your child practice spelling on Spelling City and using Raz-Kids to practice reading fluency and comprehension and Moby Max to review math skills.
- Monday - Gym
- Tuesday -Music
- Wednesday - Library
- Thursday - Art and Gym
- Friday - Music
Shay student council is hosting a spirit week Feb. 22-26. Below are the dress up days. Students are asked to bring in .50 a day to participate or a small donation. All proceeds will go to students in Flint to purchase safe drinking water.
- Monday - America Monday - Dress patriotic
- Tuesday - Tropical Tuesday
- Wednesday - Water Wednesday - Wear blue
- Thursday - Twin Day
- Friday - Fairbanks Friday - Dress up like Mr. Fairbanks