Peek at the Week
Week of October 29th, 2018
Staff Shout Outs!
- Thanks to everyone for a productive day of learning and preparation for our School Effectiveness visit. Special shout out to Shannon B. & Mary Beth for leading us in our math learning journey!Below is a button to our SEF self-assessement results.
- Thank you to Diana for leading us in a wellness bracelet making activity!
- Shout out to Joanne S. for arranging author visits for all of our students! A great opportunity to have experts in the house.
- Thanks to Roxy (AKA Cathy Hudson) & Bitsy (Tiffany) for arranging a social time out bowling for those who could join. A fun time had by all!
Indigenous Education Month & Treaty Week
This Week at Southview
Monday, October 29th (Day 2)
- Dental screening JK/SK, Gr. 2 (library)
- Student focus group for SE visit 9:30 (library)
- We Scare Hunger campaign continues
Tuesday, October 30th (Day 3)
- Dental screening JK/SK, Gr. 2 continues (library)
- Zwiers & DuChene to Swim to Survive
- Stephanie Sartor visiting 9:00am
Wednesday, October 31st (Day 4)
- Orange & Black Day!
- Grade 6s to Steer Clear of Drugs
Thursday, November 1st (Day 5)
- Progress reports due to the office
- Tiffany away for shortlisting
- Staff yoga with Diana (after school)
Friday, November 2nd (Day 1)
- Brown & Jones Swim to Survive
Upcoming Events and Special Days
November 5 ~ DuChene (3s) & Zwiers to Swim to Survive
November 5 ~ School Effectiveness visit 8:00am
November 6 ~ School Effectiveness classroom visits - all day
November 6 ~ EA meeting (with Jessi Lalonde) 8:00am
November 7 ~ Picture Retake Day
November 7 ~ District Principal's meeting (Tammy Giles in)
November 9 ~ Brown & Jones (3s) to Swim to Survive
November 9 ~ Remembrance Day Assembly, 10:15 am
November 9 ~ Grade 7 & 8 to Financial Literacy
November 9 ~ Grade 6 to Stay Clear of Drugs
November 12 ~ Bus Safety Presentations (4-8)
November 13 ~ Staff Meeting for School Effectiveness Feedback session
November 14 ~ We Day in Ottawa
November 14 ~ Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
November 15 ~ Progress Reports go home
November 19 to 22 ~ Scholastic Book Fair
November 19 ~ Hallford & Dupuis to Gould Lake
November 21 ~ Farren & Hall to Gould Lake
November 27 & 28 ~ Vision Screening for SK & Grade 1
November 30 ~ PA Day - NO SCHOOL