By Nelivette Sanchez
What Could Nitrogen Be Used For
Nitrogen is also not very reactive or flammable.
N-15 is also stable. Although is a rare stable isotope. This isotope is normally used for agriculture and medical research.
These compounds are used to makes meat last longer and look the way they look. For example, they protect the meat from getting any type of bacteria. It also helps the meat keeps it color.
These compounds are also used in drinking water, making the water more soluble.
Nitrogen is actually the fifth most abundant in the universe. It makes up over 78% of the universe's atmosphere.
- Element Card: Gray, Theodore W. (2008). The Photographic Card Deck of the Elements.
- Elements Book: Gray, Theodore W. (2009). The Elements: A visual exploration of every known atom in the universe. New York: Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers, Inc.
- Jefferson Lab Periodic Table: http://periodic.lanl.gov/index.shtml
- Royal Society of Chemistry Periodic Table: http://www.rsc.org/periodic-table
- Jefferson Lab Periodic Table: http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele007.html