Grapevine Mustang Band
September 23, 2022
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Congratulations to the Mustang Band for making school history at the Bands of America Regional Championship. The band is the 2022 BOA New Mexico Class 2A Champion, winning awards for Outstanding Music, Visual, and General Effect. The band advanced to FINALS and placed 2nd winning the award for Outstanding Music.
- Thank you to all of the parents that volunteered on the trip! You are AWESOME!
- BANDtober is almost upon us! See below for upcoming dates.
- We have extra show shirts for sale! Please email Mr. Redd for available sizes. Shirts are $25 each and can be paid for by check or cash. Verify availability with Mr. Redd before depositing any money.
- The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st, 2022. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th, 2022.
- The 4th installment of band fees was due Aug 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- All Mustang Band members should be practicing their ALL REGION music at home and with their private lesson teachers.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2022-23 Remind! Info below.
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
8:40am - Learn new drill
5:30-8:30pm - Stadium Rehearsal MPS
7:00am - Marching Band
7:00am - Marching Band
7:00am - Marching Band
Friday - ITINERARY
7:40am - Marching Band
7:00pm - Mustangs @ Colleyville (AWAY)
Saturday - ITINERARY
HEB Marching Contest
9:30am - Marching Band Rehearsal
2:30pm - Elements of Design: Line. Shape. Color.
BANDtober is coming!!!!
-Tuesday, Oct 4 - GCISD Band Showcase (evening)
-Saturday, Oct 15 - Bands of America Prosper Regional Championship (all day)
-Monday, Oct 17 - UIL Region Marching Contest (morning, during school)
-Saturday, Oct 22 - UIL Area Marching Contest (all day)
Thursday night September 29th (10:00am-9:00pm) leave the cooking to Torchy's Tacos and help support the GHS band 15% of all sales will go to support the GHS Band -
Just show them the Flyer (Linked below)!!!
Includes: Dine-In, Carry-Out, Bar Tabs, Catering, Gift Cards and Groups Orders
Thursday night patio will be open - football will be on TV's to enjoy the Texas Night.
We still need several volunteers to round out our concession stand volunteer shifts. Please sign up to help. We especially need help on 9/23 in the visitor, North and South stands. We have opened up the Visitor's side concession stands for the Varsity home game on 9/9 and 9/23. We are needing a few more volunteers for those shifts and for closing shifts on the South and North stand for all games. Please help the band with fundraising by volunteering a couple of hours to work one oft hese shifts.
Can you take a Vacation Day off work on Monday, October 17?
The UIL Marching contest is on Monday, October 17th during the work day. We need as many volunteers to help get the equipment to the contest, props/pit on and off the field as we do for a normal contest. In the past it has been incredibly hard to get volunteers since it is a business day. Can you plan ahead to take the day off work and help the band? Does your company offer volunteer hours? Can you use your volunteer hours for this volunteer opportunity? Plan ahead and take the day off work if you can. We would be very grateful for your help.
We are still looking for local Business Sponsors for this season. If you know of any businesses or warm leads please let us know: fundraising@grapevinehsband
If available to assist, please contact our Guard Liaison, Brigitte Iafrate, at email@example.com or 972-948-0357.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
GHS Band Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/grapevinehsband/albums
More info - https://www.grapevinehsband.com/color-guard.html
Contact Mr. Redd if you are interested in sharing your story with MFA! This is for students and parents!
Music For All Honor Ensembles of America Auditions
Music for All’s honor ensembles are among the crown jewels of the Music for All National Festival. Individual high school musicians are selected by recorded audition. Members play challenging repertoire under the direction of renowned conductors, alongside outstanding student musicians from across America. Each honor ensemble performs in concert on the final evening of the Festival, Sunday, April 2, 2023. Application Audition Deadline: October 1, 2022
Honor Ensemble Dates:
Thursday, March 30-Sunday, April 2, 2023
Larry J. Livingston
Honor Orchestra of America 2023 Conductor
Honor Band of America 2023 Conductor
Jazz Band of America 2023 Conductor
Fort Worth Youth Orchestra is looking for percussionists to join their ensemble. This orchestra provides a full orchestra experience for advancing string, wind, brass, & percussion players. They perform a variety of standard and educational orchestral repertoire (grade 4 and 5 level).
Rehearsals are on Sundays from 3:00 – 5:15 pm at FWYO’s Orchestra Hall in Fort Worth. The audition process is easy and financial aid is available. Interested students can go to this link, https://www.fwyo.org/audition, for more information.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.