Different Teams, One Goal
- September 2nd- Labor Day
- September 3rd- DARE begins for 5th grade
- September 3rd- Baroque Night 4-7 p.m.
- September 6th- School Pictures
- September 12th- 3rd Grade Grandparents' Day 9-9:45 a.m.
- September 13th- 4th Grade Grandparents' Day 8:45-9:30 a.m.
- September 13th- 5th Grade Grandparents' Day 10:00-10:45 a.m.
- September 16th- PTA Board Meeting 3:45 p.m.
- September 20th- Fall Fundraiser Kick-off
- September 24th- Kentucky Kids' Day Celebration 9:00 a.m.
- September 24th- Library Open House 6:00 p.m.
- September 24th- Open House 7:00 p.m.
- September 25th- Core Essentials Assembly 9:00 a.m.
- September 26th- 1st Family Connection Workshop! 6:00-7:00 p.m.
#RMISCARES: Our Vision
Different Teams, One Goal
The last Friday of every month will be Team Spirit Day! On this day, students are encouraged to wear their team color. This is a great time to wear the R-MIS Team t-shirt. If not, your child can wear anything the color of his or her team. Please see the image below for team colors and information.
This month's quote is "One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
From this quote, the ideas of cooperation, leadership, utilizing strengths to help teammates and other principles of teamwork.
Every month, we will use web-based resources (including videos, lesson plans, announcements, book lists, and much more!) and students will participate in a fun-filled assembly!
In August, we celebrate the Big 3: Treat Others Right, Maximize Your Potential, and Make Smart Decisions. The Big 3 are the building blocks on which all other Core Essentials values are based.
Mrs. Paige Ladd: 3rd Grade Teacher
Red Devil Way Procedures
All of our procedures are based on these expectations. We have signs in all areas of the school describing our procedures. Please see below for an example.
Caring for others through community service
Exhibiting excellent behavior
- Community service forms can be found in the office or obtained from your teacher. Students need to complete one act of service per nine weeks to earn a CARE certificate.
- Awesome Academics means the student is working to his or her potential as determined by the classroom teacher(s).
- Rad attendance equals NO unexcused absences. Please always bring in a doctor's note or parent excuse.
- Exhibiting excellent behavior is determined by the student not having any office referral and having appropriate classroom behavior as indicated by the classroom teacher(s).
4th-grade students MUST earn at least 3 of the 4 possible CARE certificates to qualify for Junior Beta Club for the 2019-2020 school year.
Student Led Community Service Projects
There will be many opportunities for participation in community service throughout the year. Remember an act of community service per 9 weeks is a requirement for CARE certificates and for Jr. Beta Club.
Please fill out and return a community service form when you complete an act of service! You can complete and return more than one form each 9-weeks. Each returned community service form earns a point for your team!!!
PTA/Open House Night
We have a school-wide Title 1 program at R-MIS. All parents are invited to learn more about our Title 1 program and the strategies provided to ensure that all students achieve at high levels of academic proficiency. Title 1 Parent Night is the same night as Open House: September 24th at 7 PM
PTA OPEN HOUSE
Please plan on attending PTA Open House at 7:00 pm. on Tuesday, September 24th. Come and visit with your child’s teacher and see your child’s work!
Please join PTA for $5.00. This membership money is put to good use for our children. Our goal with PTA continues to be to provide 1:1 Chromebooks to our students by the end of this year!
Family Connection Workshops
September 26th is the first Family Connection Workshop! The topic is Screenwise. Screenwise offers an encouraging perspective on how to thoughtfully guide kids in the digital age. The discussion will be based on the book, Screenwise, by Deborah Heitner, Ph.D.
R-MIS Reading Nights
We hope to see you on September 24th from 6PM-7PM!
It is very important that children be in school every day. Please do your best to not schedule out-of-town trips on school days. Absences cost our school money used for instructional supplies, textbooks, professional development, and teachers. These types of funds are based on average daily attendance, and even tardiness adds up to days missed.
To encourage good attendance, we have made this part of our Team competition. Students can continue to earn tags for perfect attendance each month! These are super cool and will look great on backpacks! PTA also awards classrooms every 9 weeks who meet their attendance goals of spelling the word TEAM! They get a letter on their board every time their class has 97% or better attendance for the day!
Please keep up-to-date on your child’s cafeteria account. His or her cafeteria account is easily accessible through our district’s website by clicking on lunch accounts in the Parents section. Using this site, you can see how much money your child has in his or her account, when he or she buys lunch and/or breakfast, and put money on his or her account.
If you are having trouble paying for breakfasts and lunches for your child, please contact Angie Morrison, cafeteria manager, or Jalina Wheeler, school counselor. Either lady will respect your privacy and get you the correct paperwork for free and reduced lunch/breakfast.
PEANUT/TREE NUT PRODUCTS CANNOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE CAFETERIA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING US PUT THE SAFETY OF OTHERS ABOVE OUR OWN PREFERENCES.
PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
Our Team Challenge
Students of the Month
Community Service Focus
Positive Classroom Supports
Please join PTA! It is only $5. Anyone and everyone can join! Moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends :). We continue to work with our PTA to provide Chromebooks for all of our students.
We always need Volunteers/Mentors in our school. Anyone who wants to work in the school and has completed a background check and fingerprinting, please send a note to the office or your child’s teacher. If you haven’t gone through this process, you may get the information at our central office at 836-9679.
Team members: Serenity Hudnall, Lily Madden, Lacey Hawkey, Lexi Adams, Madilynn Hayes, Kyle Johnson, Miguel Pangan, Evan Ratcliff, Lucas Westenhofer, and Brady Billups.
Coaches: Mr. Jordan and Ms. Turner.
R-MIS News Team
Please see Mr. Grizzle or Mr. Jordan if you are interested. We would like to have our team in place by September 13, 2019.
Keys to a Successful Year at R-MIS
2. Read the SBDM Policies. These are located on R-MIS website under the SBDM tab.
3. Sign up for classroom Remind/Dojo accounts. Teachers communicate with families daily through these platforms.
4. Like our R-MIS Facebook page! We post reminders and celebrate students here often!