Teaching in Tandem
@Valley Park Elementary
It's been great to be working with teachers, teams, and students. Thank you so much to 1st and 2nd grade for letting me visit your reading workshop! It's so cool to see how things are working across the grade levels.
Here's what I've been doing with teachers so far.
-Design lesson to teach kids about reading conferences
-Work in tandem to confer with students about their reading and then use information to plan
Want to try something?
The idea of having someone in your room may seem daunting. Think of it as another layer of support to help you reach all of your students.
Here are some ways we can work together:
- Matching strategies to students/small groups from The Reading Strategies and Writing Strategies books
- Conferring with book clubs to make them meaningful
- Coaching kids into good reading partnerships
- Analyze reading unit pre/post test to choose a focus for small group instruction
- Use writing on-demands to create learning targets for students
- Using the learning progressions in reading/writing to set a goal for student learning in small groups or as a whole class
If you are wanting to try something, email me to get started.