HP Parent Newsletter
Our mission is to foster an environment to nurture individuals academically, socially, and emotionally so that they are prepared to tackle academic challenges and become productive members of a global society.
We aim to develop well-rounded and thoughtful students prepared to cope with a changing and globalized world.
Visit our website for important updates and information
Summer Opportunity - Baylor College of Medicine DocPrep
Attention Parents of 11th Grade Students:
This year, Baylor College of Medicine will be sponsoring a Summer program called DocPrep.
Juniors that are selected to attend will be exposed to medical school programs, participate in enrichment activities and engage/network with BCM Faculty.
To be considered, students must submit the following:
1. A 250-500-word essay on the following topic:
Why do you believe you are a good candidate to attend this Summer’s DocPrep Program and what are your long-term goals regarding health careers?
2. The essay is due no later than Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at noon. No late applications will be accepted.
3. Submit the typed essay with your School ID number. Do not place your name on the document.
4. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Wednesday, March 8, 2022 by 12:00 PM)
A Committee will review your essay for selection purposes. Selected individuals will be notified within a week.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Navarro.
For more information, please see the link below.
3rd 9 Weeks Report Card
Quarter 3 Exams & Mock Testing
Migrant Parent Advisory Meeting - Wednesday, March 8
Emergent Bilingual Parent Meeting - March 21
Health Professions Enrollment is currently OPEN!
Enrollment is still open for all who want to apply for the 2023-2024 school year that are not ! Click on the link below to apply.
Spring Campus Showcase - April 1
Clubs and Activities
Our last UIL meet for the year will be on March 25, 2023 at López High School which is our UIL district meet.
Any students qualifying for the regional meet will be determined from the March 25, 2023.
Class of 2024
- Please join our class remind for information and updates - @h23edhk
- Class dues for Junior year will be $25. We will let you know through remind when and where payments will be taken.
- Our first fundraiser this year will be a candy sale. Juniors will be required to sell one box of candy to raise funds toward our Senior Prom. Join our class remind for more updates.
Class of 2025
- If you are in our Class of 2025, please join the remind code to obtain important updates and information!
- Remind Code: @3f6dbk7
Class of 2026
- If you are in our Class of 2026, please join the remind code to obtain important updates and information.
- Join the Class of 2026 Remind: Remind Code: @hp2026
AP Testing - Coming Soon!
Four hours needs to be taken on Edgenuity for students to be admitted to test.
Future TSI dates:
Thursday, March 9th
Thursday, March 23rd
Thursday, April 6th
ACT Testing & Review
A review session is available for all 11th grade students on Saturday, March 25th from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm. Students can visit the counseling center to sign up for the Saturday review.
STC Dual Academies
The STC Dual Enrollment Academy Program’s application has been extended to Monday, March 27, 2023.
During this time, we hope students take advantage of the extension to complete pending application requirements, with an emphasis on TSI. For more information, please have your child visit the counseling center.