LSMSA Student Services News
Life at LSMSA... Outside of the Classroom
Returning to LSMSA for the 2015-2016 School Year? READ THIS!!
The guidebook contains instructions for completing enrollment forms for the upcoming school year, the medical forms packet (which must be completed for all students), information on summer school, the 2015-2016 school calendar, and instructions for the August move-in day.
During the summer we'll send out bills for the fall fees, updates on what forms we still need from your family, and room assignment information. Most of what you need to know and take care of for fall 2015, however, is included in the guidebook. Please read it and keep it in a safe spot where you can refer back to it as needed!
If your student loses their copy, the guidebook is also available on the website at this link: Returning Eagle Guidebook.
Coming Soon: Prom - Permissions due Monday, April 13th.
The permission forms and an overview of major dance policies are available on our website. In brief, on the nights of major dances:
- The cafeteria doesn't serve dinner, but we have options at the residence halls for students who do not want to go out to dinner,
- Students may drive their vehicles or ride with other students to go out to dinner and then to the dance (advance parental permission is required and must be submitted on the appropriate form),
- Special permission is needed for students to bring a guest to the dance,
- An after-party is held in the LSMSA gym following the dance.
- Students may not sign-out for an overnight trip on Saturday or sign-out after the dance unless they are being checked out by their own parent/guardian.
This is a formal dance and students are expected to dress in formal attire and follow general expectations of the LSMSA dress code. Following the break, John Shore will send students information about tuxedo rental options in Natchitoches and days and times that staff will be available to transport students for fittings. If any student who wants to attend the prom cannot afford to purchase or rent the appropriate attire, please speak with the student's SLA about the situation so we can look into options to assist the student. We want every student to be able to participate in this event.
Permissions are due on Monday, April 13th.
Coming Later: Graduation!
- Final exams are held from 5/13 through 5/20. Individual student exam schedules will vary.
- Spring Fling, an outdoor end-of-the-year celebration will be held on 5/21. Attendance is optional.
- All students are expected to attend the Senior Recognition (5/22 at 7:30 p.m.) and Commencement (5/23 at 2:00 p.m.) ceremonies.
- All students are expected to spend the night in the residence hall on the night of 5/22. Only students may stay in the residence hall on this night. We cannot accommodate guests.
- The Parents' Council hosts a graduation party, which is held on the night of 5/22. All students and families are invited.
- Students are not limited in the number of guests they can invite to the commencement ceremony.
- Students may check-out of the residence hall (and move out their belongings) as soon as they finish their final exams. If they choose to do so, they can return on 5/22 to attend the ceremonies, bringing only basic bedding and an overnight bag.
- Alternately, students may remain in the residence halls through graduation and complete their check-out and move out on the day of graduation. The residence halls will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on 5/23 and students can schedule a time for check-out with their SLA. (Check-out will not take place during the graduation rehearsal or graduation ceremony, as staff and students are not available at those times, but can take place prior to or immediately after these events.) All students must complete move out by 5:00 p.m. on 5/23.
- Students who are returning for summer school may store large items, such as refrigerators, in Prudhomme hall, but must plan to take all other belongings home with them.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, 4/6 - Residence halls open at 3:00 p.m.
Monday, 4/13 - Prom permissions due by 4:00 p.m.
Friday, 4/18 - Prom
Monday, 4/20 - Saturday, 4/25 - Blue and Gold Week (presentations of student research and performances)
Thursday, 4/30 - Residence halls close at 4:00 p.m. for extended weekend
Sunday, 5/3 - Residence halls open at 3:00 p.m.
Monday, 5/4 - Summer School deposit and application due
Monday, 5/11 & Tuesday, 5/12 - End of Course Testing and Reading Days (no classes)
Wednesday, 5/13 - Wednesday, 5/20 - Final Exams
Thursday, 5/21 - Spring Fling
Friday, 5/22 - Senior Recognition Ceremony
Saturday, 5/23 - Commencement Ceremony; Residence halls close at 5:00 p.m.