Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
Let's change the cycle for our kids!
Stomp Out Bullies Family Fun Run
We had 100s of parents join us today to run/walk with their child for a great cause. Which grade level won?
Ms. Hickman's students drew their feet to feel them with adjectives.
Crippen does NOT have bullies!
Upcoming Events over TWO WEEKS
- Learning Walks Week of 10/12-10/12--Gonzalez
- Monday, 10/12--No Clubs because of 7:05 AM Digital Citzenship Training with Matt in the Library--all teachers bring your own laptop
- Tuesday, 10/13--Morning Tutoring Begins for 3rd Grade
- Tuesday, 10/13--1st and 3rd Character Club/Team Tuesday
- Wednesday, 10/14--3rd Grade ELAR Planning 7:30-3 at SME with Cherie Loycano, SME Teachers, and Tavola
- Thursday, 10/ 15--Donuts for Dad 7-7:45 AM on the Cafe Stage
- Thursday, 10/15--Character Club Training--Support Staff--7:30-8:10 in Ms. Hindmarch's Rm
- Thursday, 10/15--Dual Language Literacy Night Make and Take
- Friday, 10/16--End of the 1st 9 Weeks; 2nd and 3rd Grade JM Literacy Ind. Reading Observations/Debriefing in the conference room (check your email from Ms. Bonsal for specific times)
- Learning Walks Week of 10/19-10/23--Covarrubias
- Monday, 10/19--Report Card Cut Off Date at 8 AM & Lunar Lunch with 2nd Grade
- Tuesday, 10/20--5th Grade Math Training with Consultant Stacey Cain
- Tuesday, 10/20--4th and 5th Character Club/Team Tuesday--students will go to cafeteria for Montgomery Co. Women's Shelter's Presentation at 1:30 in the cafe; Fall Fundraiser ends today
- Tuesday, 10/20--PBS Meeting 3 PM with Ms. Bonsal
- Wednesday, 10/21--Non DL Literacy Meetings--bring Istation/DRA data to Ms. Mayes's Office
- Friday, 10/23--Early Release/Compact Signing/Parent Conferences/Report Cards
Mortar Word / Math Maker / College Word / NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus
The square has four sides whereas the triangle has 3. 4th Grade Math 2013
NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus for Collaboration Meetings
STANDARDS and OBJECTIVES
At Expectations (3)
Most learning objectives are communicated, connected to state standards and referenced throughout lesson.
Sub-objectives are mostly aligned to the lesson’s major objective.
Learning objectives are connected to what students have previously learned.
Expectations for student performance are clear.
There is evidence that most students demonstrate mastery of the daily objective that supports significant progress towards mastery of a standard.
At Expectations (3)
are aligned with state content standards
have measurement criteria
measure student performance in more than two ways (e.g., in the form of a project, experiment, presentation, essay, short answer, or multiple-choice test)
require written tasks; and
- include performance checks throughout the school year.
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Early Release/Parent Conferences/Compact Signing Friday, October 23rd
- Reminder from Admin--Badges MUST be worn at all times on NCISD property during hours.
- Make sure you enter GRADES in EACH Week by Tuesday--see district grading policy
- Monday, 10/12 and Tuesday, 10/13--Figuring Out Figure 19 ELAR Training Region 4--Vasquez and Lucas
- Tuesday, 10/13--K-2 Learning Conference lead4ward in San Antonio--Slaughter, Black, Torres, Anderson
- Tuesday, 10/13--New Caney ISD Dyslexia Parent Night from 5-7 PM at Valley Ranch Elementary for anyone interested in learning about dyslexia and ways for parents to help their child with Dyslexia
- Tuesday, 10/13--Special Ed Meeting for Prinicpal's and Principal's Technology Hour 10 AM-1 PM
- Tuesday, 10/13-10/14 How to Work Less, Produce More, and Get the Job Done--Region 4 Crystal and Sharon
- Wednesday and Thursday 10/14 & 10/15--Writing Academy Revising and Editing--Halbrook, Nevins, Aulbaugh, Rangel, Blair
- Thursday, 10/15 Admin Meeting 10:30 AM -11:30 AM
- Book Fair October 19-23 at Crippen
- NEU Leadership Summit--Ms. Mayes and Ms. Bonsal 10/22-10/24 Dallas, TX