Bowman's Mid April Update
THANK YOU PARENTS AND GUARDIANS!!!!!
Thanks to our outstanding students and their families for all your dedication, hard work, and effort displayed for your learning. We know this is a challenging time, and it has been difficult for some to adjust to he "new normal". We thank you for working with us and helping our students be successful. We want you to stay safe, healthy, and at home! Together we can work to overcome the current situation and soon we will be all back together again!
Students should be connecting with each of their teachers twice a week via Google Classroom, Virtual Classes, and/or assignments. Students can email teachers with any assignments or questions they may have. Teachers are tracking to ensure that every student completes work/check in with them every week. Please be sure that students stay connected. Students can contact me to request extra classes through email or REMIND.
Please see the attached district-wide schedule to ensure they are meeting with their teachers.
Bowman is taking every measure possible to reach out to parents and guardians regarding their students progress of schooling. We appreciate the feedback, interest and collaborations that our parents and guardians have shown in working with teachers, counselors and administrators. We all know how valuable it is to work together in order to help our students succeed. We are here for you, and we miss you.
A few important reminders:
- Reach out to our teachers. Staff directory is on the Bowman Website https://www.bowmanhighschool.org/ under the staff tab
- Googleclassroom codes are on the staffs websites, and parents can join by emailing the teacher. This way, parents are aware of assignments that need to be submitted for the week
- Get involved. Our students need help. We thank you for motivating, encouraging, and pushing your children towards success.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
- Eran Zeevi, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 372-0535
- Nina Zamora, Assistant Principal email@example.com (661) 360-6827
- Lori Wilson, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 241-3546
- Rocio Benavides, Para Espanol email@example.com (661) 527-4116
- Ami Gonzalez, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 388-0387
The district will be proceeding with virtual graduations at this time. This does not mean there isn't a plan for a graduation ceremony or celebration of some sort down the line. Students will be able to purchase tassels for $10, or a cap and gown and tassel for $50. Currently, students will not need the cap and gown for the virtual graduation. We will be taking cash only at this time, and students or parents will need to come in on, Tuesday May 5th or Tuesday May 12th.Times will be 9:00-12:30. Only one person will be allowed in the office at a time, and you must be wearing a face mask to enter.
We will be sending information for Seniors to come in and take a picture in a cap and gown (by appointment) for the virtual graduation. We want to promote continuity, and have the virtual graduation as nice, elegant, personable, and meaningful to our students as possible. We will be sending REMIND messages to both students and parents regarding more specific information. Our virtual graduation for all to view will be held on June 4th at 6:00 pm.
If you have specific questions regarding graduation, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
College Of the Canyons Information for upcoming graduates!
COC is offering 2 ways for graduates or soon to be graduates to connect with them for help with being fully matriculated and ready to start college in the fall. Bowman graduates are encouraged to apply for CANYONS PROMISE. Program benefits include:
• Enrollment and student fees paid for fall and spring semesters for two years
• Great access to program-specific counselors for counseling appointments
• Priority registration for courses on their education plan for fall and spring semesters
• Parking permit or bus pass for fall and spring semesters
• Career and academic major guidance
• Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
COC is offering Canyons Promise Days with sessions to help students complete all the necessary steps the weeks of April 20th and 27th. Students can sign up at
Bowman students can also sign up for a 1 on 1 appointment with our COC Rep Jade Pearson at
As of April 13th 48.6% of the nation has self-responded. In California it’s 49.2% but in Los Angeles County its only 44.9%.
The Census 2020 is safe, easy and allocates more funding for our Bowman and Hart District community and schools regardless of the governor’s budget.
The funds generated by the Census provide services related to education, housing, transportation, healthcare, recreation and more to all Hart District community members.
Your Census responses are safe and secure. Information collected as part of the 2020 Census cannot be shared with or by other governmental agencies or used against you in any way.
Click the link below to get more information and participate:
Bowman's Yearbook for under $25!
To Purchase Bowman's 2019/20 Yearbook, please go to: treering.com/validate
Enter the following passcode: 1015034211464287
The yearbook will be under $25 this year. You are also able to customize pages in the yearbook (which is a great idea for our Graduating Seniors, or all other BUlldogs!
It will be shipped directly to your home. If you have any questions, please contact our yearbook adviser, Susan O'linn at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Staff At Bowman Misses You! You are such a big part of our lives!
SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 INFORMATION
Summer School Sign Up Begins!
You are now able to sign your student up for summer school! You will need to go to the link below and click on the school you wish your student to attend for summer school. At this point, summer school will be in a virtual format this year. It will run much like school is right now. Once you fill out the form, a counselor will approve your student’s classes. You will need to complete the registration once you receive an email from OFL (remember OFL pays the teachers so registration happens through OFL). It is very important that your email is correct. You can also contact one of the counselors and they will fill out the form for you. Remember if your student is going to be a 5th year student, they must attend summer school. Please let the counselors know once you have signed up your student.
If your student only has elective credits remaining, OFL or Mission View might be a better fit for your student. If you are interested in one of these options, you or your student must contact a counselor. They will fill out a referral for your student.
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
If you or others you know are in need of greater assistance, the Santa Clarita Valley has many organizations that are here to help in this time of uncertainty. Here are just a few we wanted to pass onto our community.
Family Food Resources
SCV Food Pantry
Dedicated to providing food on a short-term basis to local residents in need.
24133 Railroad Avenue
Newhall, CA 91321
College of the Canyons BaNC
Formerly called Food for Thought Pantry
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Valencia, CA 91355
Child and Family Center
21545 Centre Pointe Parkway
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Additional Support In LA County:
MEALS & RESOURCES DELIVERY
- LA County launched Critical Delivery Services to deliver food and other vital items. Deliveries can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for individuals age 60 and older. Call 1-888-863-7411 to request delivery. View more information.
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
Seniors can connect with live individuals for emotional and social support here:
- Call 1-800-854-7771 or text "LA" to 741741.
- For the Department of Mental Health Older Adult Access Center call 213-351-7284 or visit their website.
- LA County is providing limited access to free COVID-19 testing for residents.
- Seniors over 65, individuals who have symptoms and underlying health conditions will be given priority. For more information and list of locations, visit this City of Los Angeles website.
ADDITIONAL STATE SUPPORT
- The COVID-19 statewide hotline provides assistance on how to access local services 7 days a week from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 1-833-544-2374.