February 18, 2019
To the swimmers who competed at State last weekend.
And Good Luck to the wrestlers going to State this weekend.
To PSHS LASER for success at district Science Fair. All 17 students who competed at district will present their research projects at the Regional Science Fair this weekend!
To the DECA students who qualified for State, and good luck at that competition this week!
To our art students who advanced to the VASE State Competition.
To our Deaf Ed students competing in the Academic Bowl Regional competition at the Mississippi School for the Deaf. They will compete to advance to the National Competition at Gallaudet University.
To our students who made the all state bands, choirs, and orchestras for their stellar performances last week in San Antonio. Just to give you an idea of that experience for those students, for the first time EVER, the all state full orchestra learned and performed Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. David Park, Katie Gao, and Dongji Yang experienced that extraordinary opportunity.
State-Mandated Student and Staff Surveys
As part of the State required School Safety Audits, we are obligated to conduct student and staff surveys relating to school safety issues. Please have your 2nd period students complete their survey in your class.
Students and staff should complete their surveys by no later than close of business on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
Below are the links which students and staff can use to access their surveys. The Student Surveys are anonymous except for the campus and grade information questions. The Staff Surveys are anonymous except for the campus information question. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shawn Fullager or Joseph Parks.
Student Survey Link – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJM8FTT
Staff Survey Link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJFY7VQ
Exemption/Waiver Guidelines 2019
2/21 -- NAEP Testing
2/22-24 -- Deaf ed to Academic Bowl Regional Competition, Mississippi School for the Deaf
2/23 -- Band to Solo and Ensemble
2/23 -- Texas State German Contest, San Marcos
2/28 -- Teacher Potato Luncheon sponsored by Stuco
2/28 -- Plano's Got Talent
2/28-3/1 -- Orchestra UIL Contest
3/1-3 -- Spanish Competition: Pan American Student Forum, San Antonio
3/2 -- Jazz Invitational
3/4-7 -- TELPAS Reading and Listening
3/8 -- Powderpuff Football
3/6-10 -- State Academic Decathlon, San Antonio
3/7 -- Orchestra Spring Trip to Orlando
3/8 -- End of 3rd grading period
3/15-16 -- Robotics hosts First in Texas competition in our gym
3/22-23 -- Robotics to Greenville District Competition
4/3 -- Dance Class Showcase, 7 p.m., theatre
4/4-7 -- Band Spring Trip to Corpus
4/6-9 -- Choir Spring Trip to New Orleans
4/12 -- Spring Stay Day
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
4/26 -- Blood Drive
I. Campus and Personal Trade Hours: Do you have your hours???
Time to take a pulse check! Wondering how many hours you have logged as campus and personal trade hours? Just email Coryn and she’ll tell you!
II. There are still opportunities to sign up for Wellness PD. Here is the form to sign. We have adjusted the form so that you can sign up for multiple activities/dates at once. Hope you'll participate in these great activities designed to encourage a little self care!
III. Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
2/21/19 Self care/counselors *** This week!
3/21/19 Grading Tips sharing/Coryn
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
IV. Campus Restorative Team
The SEL / Restorative Practices team has been working to put together several sessions of Professional Development for you to attend.
Most of the sessions are available to earn PD credit towards your required number of hours.
Our first session is this coming Thursday (2/21). We are offering a variety of times for the session throughout the day.
Click the link below to register for the date, time, and room you are interested in. You may sign up for one each month or just select the one(s) that interest you.
We look forward to sharing these strands with you this spring semester.
IV. Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
February 20 --3:30-5:30 -Active Listening/Effective Collaboration-Bird Center-Building A
March 20 --4:00-6:00- -Respect/Relationship Agreements-Bird Center-Building A
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
From the School Board Meeting, February 5
The following local policies were adopted by our school trustees on February 5, 2019:
EIC(LOCAL) Academic Achievement: Class Ranking
FDB(LOCAL) Admissions: Intradistrict Transfers and Classroom Assignments
- WILDCATS vs Allen at Clark Stadium, Tue. Feb. 19th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm. MOVED TO WEDNESDAY.
- LADY WILDCATS vs Allen at Allen High School, Tue. Feb. 19th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm. MOVED TO WEDNESDAY.
- WILDCATS vs Plano West at Clark East, Fri. Feb. 22nd. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs Plano West at Clark Stadium, Tue. Feb. 19th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS at State Tournament Fri. Feb. 22nd and Sat. Feb. 23rd in Houston. Time TBA.
- LADY WILDCATS vs. Lewisville, Tue. Feb. 19th at Lewisville. JV Plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- VARSITY LADY WILDCATS at Southlake Tournament, Thu. Feb. 21st thru Sat. Feb. 23rd in Southlake Carroll. Time TBD.
- JV LADY WILDCATS at JV Prosper Tournament, Fri. Feb. 22nd and Sat. Feb. 23rd in Prosper. Time TBD.
- VARSITY WILDCATS at McKinney North Tournament, Thu. Feb. 21st thru Sat. Feb. 23rd.
Thu. Feb. 21st vs. Frisco Liberty at PSHS at 2:00pm.
Thu. Feb. 21st vs. Texarkana at PSHS at 7:00pm
Fri. Feb. 22nd vs. TBA at McKinney North Time TBA
Sat. Feb. 23rd vs. TBA at McKinney North Time TBA
- JV WILDCATS at Plano East JV Tournament, Thu. Feb. 21st thru Sat. Feb. 23rd. Place and Time TBA.
- WILDCATS at Trojan Relays, Sat. Feb. 23rd at Standridge Stadium in Carrollton.
- WILDCATS vs. Gateway, Sat. Feb. 16th at Gateway. Time is 1:00pm.
- WILDCATS vs. Vista Ridge, Sat. Feb. 23rd at Vista Ridge. Time is 5:00pm.
- WILDCATS vs. Rouse, Sun. Feb.24th at Rouse. Time is 1:00pm.