The definition of a goal is: A desired result a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite time by setting deadlines. In other words, any planning you do for the future regardless of what it is, is a goal.
5 Reasons Why Goal Setting Is Important:
1. Goals Give You Focus
2. Goals Allow You To Measure Progress
3. Goals Keep You Locked In And Undistracted
4. Goals Help You Overcome Procrastination
5. Goals Give You Motivation
“The real value of setting goals is not the recognition or reward, it's the person we become by finding the discipline, courage, and commitment to achieve them”
School-Wide Setting Goals Activity Ideas
- Create a goal setting wall for students and staff to contribute to in a common area.
- Set & Monitor a School-Wide Goal with a Fun Visual Display
- Create a Shout it Out Session for students and staff
- Goal Setting Games for Groups