- of the 100% of sunlight, 30% of sunlight gets shot back to the atmosphere.
- Only about 70% of the sunlight is adserbed by ocean, land, and atmosphere.
- With out green house effect the Earth's temperatures would plummet down to 30 degrees celcius.
- Although these gases represent one percent of our atmosphere, it acts like a thick warm blanket.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) = 82%
- Methane (CH4) = 10%
- Nitrous oxide (N2O) = 5%
- Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs), sulfur hexafluoride (SF6), and nitrogen triflouride (NF3) = 3%
- Water vapor is the most abundant greenhuse gas.
Greenhouse Effect for Kids
How to reduce it
- Reduce, recycle, and reuse
- Buying products with minimal packaging will help to reduce waste
- Use less heat and air conditioning
- Adding insulation to your walls and installing weather stripping or caulking around doors and windows can lower your heating cost more than 25%.
- Replace your light bulbs
- Drive less and Drive smart
- Less driving means less emissions.
- Buy energy-efficient products
- Use less hot water
- Use the "off" switch
- Plant a tree
- If you have the means to plant a tree, start digging
- Get a report card from your utility company
- encourage others to conserve
To take care of the earth's greenhouse, because the greenhouse atoms help keep the earth warm and from getting below 30 degrees celcius or below freezing point. Where we all can freeze to death and die.