Parent Blast - October 25, 2021
Pajama Day & Book Character Day
We are excited to share that our students have been rocking M.A.G.I.C behavior at school and filled our first letter - M! As a school-wide reward, we are having a pajama day on Wednesday. We hope your child can join us with some school-appropriate pajamas and/or comfy clothes. Please keep the slippers at home.
On Friday we have our spirit day scheduled as well - Book Character Day! Students are invited to dress up as their favorite book character. Please leave masks at home.
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- Please have your child remain in the car until you have pulled all the way to the end and are motioned to get out of the car by our team at arrival
- We do not allow parking in the parking lot and walk up for arrival or dismissal (we do have a few students with specific needs for which we have made arrangements for this)
- Families meeting their child on-campus need to wear a mask or socially distance from the pathway/sidewalk
We are so grateful for awesome parents and family members - our process is running smoothly thanks to all of you!
This school year we are not allowing food treats to keep everyone safe and healthy. If you would like to send in something small (stickers, pencils, etc.) please reach out and make sure it will work with your child's teacher.
This year our fall conferences will take place November 22nd in the evening and all day November 23rd. These conferences will be virtual, utilizing the Google Meet platform. Please use this link to sign up for a conference.
Please join us tomorrow night for Family Restaurant Night, a fundraiser organized by our Booster Club! The event runs from 5-9 pm and you will need to show the flyer pictured below or use the code if ordering online in order to participate.
Picture Re-Take Day
Our picture re-take day is scheduled for December 3rd. If your child missed picture day, you can plan to take pictures that day.
Volunteers and Visitors
We continue to be on pause as our district works through the staff piece of the vaccination mandate. We are hoping to be able to bring volunteers back into the building in mid-November.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- October 26th - Family Restaurant Night Fundraiser @ Chipotle
- October 27th - Pajama Day!
- October 29th - Book Character Day, dress like your favorite character!
- November 11th - No School, Veteran's Day
- November 12th - No School, Elementary Work Day
- November 18th - Family Restaurant Night Fundraiser @ MOD Pizza
- November 22-26 - No School: Conferences, Professional Development & Thanksgiving
Thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385
REVIEW: Quarantine Instruction
If your child is required to quarantine we will be providing some learning opportunities via Google Classroom. All of your children will be loaded into and have access to Google Classroom by the end of this week.
When your child is required to quarantine, they will have access to the following:
- Links to our adaptive online programs in their Google Classroom - Wonders for reading/writing, Freckle for math
- Access to recorded or broadcast lessons.
- Access to essential activities in Google Classroom. You can expect a minimum of one math and one language arts activity to be posted each week.
- Recorded lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that the teacher will record and post in Google Classroom at the end of the day.
- Broadcasted lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that students can access in real time. Broadcast lessons are not livestream. Students will be able to log in to Google Meet and listen/watch the lesson but will not be interacting with the teacher.
- Each teacher will chose which method (recorded or broadcast) will work best for their students, classroom, and themselves and will communicate their method via the Quarantine Schedule posted on their Google Classroom. Please see below for an example of both schedules.
- Mrs. Lentz will be coordinating quarantine instruction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.
Students that are absent but not quarantined may access the materials posted on GC. We will not be broadcasting or recording for excused or unexcused absences beyond quarantine.