Happy New Year
Dates to Know
- 16 - Art Enrichment Art Show - 6:00 p.m. LAF Gym
- 17 - PTO Meeting - Guest Speaker - Heather Rocco, English Language Arts Supervisor
- 21 - No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 25 - Pizza Parlor Day
- 6 - Candids and Clubs - All Band and Orchestra students must bring their instruments.
- 15 - Early Dismissal - 12:45 p.m. (No lunch)
- 18 - No School - Presidents' Day
- 22 - Pizza parlor Day
Gizmos, Smartwatches, Etc.
Smartwatches and Gizmos are still considered cell phones and must be kept in your child's backpack during the school day. While many students recognize this and keep the watches in their backpacks, many are wearing the devices around the school. This week, we have observed students texting during instructional time and receiving calls during lunch time. I do understand the need to feel connected to your child, yet this distraction will impact your child's social and academic progress.
I have reminded all of the students about the school policy in the handbook and I have included it below for your information.
Electronics (i.e. DS games, iPod, iTouch, cellular phones)
Electronics must be turned off during school hours and remain in backpacks at all times. If a child is observed using any electronics at recess, during morning line up or lunch the item will be taken and returned the next afternoon or it may be picked up by a parent after school. The school is not responsible for lost, broken or stolen items.