June 19, 2018
FAREWELL & BEST OF LUCK TO THE FOLLOWING STAFF MEMBERS...
Dana Moore - P.E. (Retiring)
Kathy Tristan - P.E. IA (Retiring)
Dona Loethen - Performing Arts (Retiring)
Michelle Trudeau - Library IA (Retiring)
Whitney Palyu - Speech (Moved back home)
Tynelia Young - 3rd Grade (Moved to home campus - Jim Plain Elementary)
Staci Cordell - A.P. (Moved to Reagan Elementary)
If you see them, please thank them for the REMARKABLE work they did with your children over the years. They will truly be missed!
A Note from Nurse Barbara
When I walked through the doors of Cypess 28 years ago, I had no idea how much love, generosity and friendships there would be and the generations of families that would come through. Although my heart is heavy, I consider myself very fortunate to have had the privilege of getting to know each and everyone of you. I THANK YOU for letting me care for your children (my Lil' Cheetahs).
Thank you all for everything...the hugs, the cards, flowers and gifts that you showered me with. Please tell your kiddos THANK you for my cards that they all made for me. Every grade level made cards, so I have a lot of summer reading now!
Lastly, please keep in touch. My personal email address is Barbaraburnett56@yahoo.com.
Thank you to our Paw Partners for the 2017-2018 School Year
The PTA Paw Partner program consists of locally-owned businesses who have donated money to support one Cypress grade level for the entire school year. Our Paw Partners for the 17-18 school year were:
Kinder- Neil Walters, Ameriprise Financial
1st Grade - Goddard School
2nd Grade - Loop 1 Systems
3rd Grade - Cedar Park Overhead Doors
4th Grade - Mathnasium
5th Grade - Tuffy Automotive
If you are ever out and about and run into people from these companies, please make a point of telling them THANK YOU for their generosity and contribution to Cypress Elementary!
Library Services Available to Students During
LISD students are expected to read a book of their choice during the summer. To help students meet their summer reading goals, the libraries at River Ridge Elementary School and Vista Ridge High School will be open for summer library service. All libraries listed below will have books for elementary, middle and high school students.
River Ridge Elementary Library - Open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m.–noon June 18, 20, 25, 27; July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 and Aug. 1 All books are due back by Aug. 1st.
Vista Ridge High School Library - Open daily, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
June 18-July 3 and July 11-27 All books are due back by July 27th.
Can't get to a library? Consider downloading an e-book through Overdrive, LISD's virtual library. This library is open all day, every day, and items can be downloaded to a variety of devices or read in your browser.
Additional Summer Learning Resources
- Cedar Park Library Summer Reading Program - June 11 - August 3, 2018 http://www.cedarparktexas.gov/departments/library/upcoming-events/summer-reading-club
- Capstone Interactive Free Online Books available May 1 - August 16, 2018 (see picture above) http://mycapstonelibrary.com/login/index.html User name: summer18 Password: lovetoread
- Scholastic Summer Reading - https://www.scholastic.com/summer/home/ for online reading log, book lists, timer and reading activities. Student usernames and passwords were given to each student during library class. Email Ms. Dwight at email@example.com if lost.
- Overdrive - LISD's online library - (Requires LISD student login to access.) https://leanderindtx.libraryreserve.com/10/45/en/SignIn.htm?url=Default.htm
- ReadWorks is inviting you - all parents & guardians - to create your own free account to help your child stay on track this summer, and all year round! ReadWorks is a nonprofit that provides educators with thousands of free, high-quality nonfiction and fiction articles with questions and activities.
- Go to www.readworks.org
- Click on “I’m an Educator” (parents are educators too!)
- Click on the blue “Sign Up”
- Make sure to choose “Parent/Guardian” as your role
- Print Free Summer Reading Packets Now - www.readworks.org/summer-reading To make summer reading easy, ReadWorks has curated interesting and knowledge filled summer reading packets on a range of levels that you can print and download for free!
- https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/leander-isd-elementary-summer-learning-fun/? Learning opportunities on this site are divided into grade level categories (see tabs at the top), include summer Math and Reading calendars to use as a guide for each day and many links for online learning.
- Many of our teachers' websites have links to great resources, educational games, vocabulary & spelling words, etc. You can access these sites through the Cypress webpage at https://cypress.leanderisd.org/directory and select the more button to find the link to teacher or grade level websites.
Order Prepackaged School Supplies for 2018 - 2019 School Year
If you would like to skip the long back to school lines and order your prepackaged school supplies, in order to have them on your child's desk when the new school year starts, our phenomenal PTA has teamed up with EPI to make your school supply purchases easier for the 2018-2019! The cost for each is $40.00. When placing an order, our 6 digit code is: CYP003 and should be entered at the following link EPI Prepackaged School Supplies. Please remember to choose your child's grade for NEXT school year! Orders can be placed until July 15th!
For the New School Year
Crossing Guards Needed ASAP for 18-19 School Year
Safety is ALWAYS our top priority for our children. We have 3 positions available for the upcoming school year. The hours are 7:15 - 7:45 and 2:30 - 3:00 each school day. If you are interested, please submit an application at the following link.
Save these Dates
August 2nd - New Family Orientation - 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
August 2nd - Popsicle Party in the Courtyard - All families are invited and the festivities will begin at 7:30 p.m.
August 14th - Back to School Night - Last Names A-L 5:30 - 6:15 p.m., Last Names M-Z 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
August 16th - First Day of School! 7:45 a.m.