The Dolphin Digest
November 16, 2020
Smithfield PTA Capital Campaign- See below
November 16th-30th- CMS Transportation Survey Due (see below)
November 17th & 20th- Smithfield Spirit Days
November 19th- Hungry Howie's Smithfield Night
November 23rd & 24th- Remote Instruction for ALL K-12 CMS Students (PreK in-person)
November 25th-27th- Thanksgiving Holiday- No School for students and teachers
December 9th- CMS Early Release Day
Due November 30th- CMS Transportation Survey
- A survey to inform the district about students’ transportation needs for the second semester will be posted on the CMS website and school websites starting Monday, Nov. 16. Families will need their student ID number to complete the transportation survey.
- The transportation choice will last through the end of the second semester.
- CMS needs to know the transportation needs for all students whose families intend for them to attend school in-person during the second semester
- If your child will remain in FRA during 2nd semester, no action is needed.
- Specific note for current In-person Pre-K through 5th grade learners:
- If your child has not ridden the bus as of November 20, 2020, we will remove your child’s name from the bus roster and they will not receive a bus stop assignment for the second semester.
- If your child does need transportation for second semester, you MUST complete the survey indicating the need for transportation.
- Here are the questions that will be on the survey:
- Please indicate your relationship to the student for whom you are completing this survey
- An adult who is not the student’s parent or guardian
- For the remainder of the 2020-21 school year, beginning second semester, please indicate this student’s transportation needs. (Transportation is based on eligibility. If you are unsure if your student is eligible for transportation, please contact XXX)
- Student requires CMS yellow bus transportation in the morning only.
- Student requires CMS yellow bus transportation in the afternoon only.
- Student requires CMS yellow bus transportation in the morning and afternoon.
- Student does not require CMS yellow bus transportation.
- Is the student transferring from Full Remote Academy to In-Person for second semester?
- Yes, the student will transfer from the Full Remote Academy to In-Person for second semester and I have let my school know in writing.
- Yes, the student will transfer from Full Remote Academy to In-Person for second semester and I have not let my school know in writing.
- No, the student was assigned to In-Person Learning during first semester and will continue that assignment for second semester.
Requests to transfer between Plan B and Full Remote Academy
Smithfield's Generous Garden
November 23rd & 24th
2020 Smithfield PTA Capital Campaign
Our 2020 Capital Campaign is still underway. Please note that 100% of your donation goes to Smithield. Check out the video below to see how your donation helps our wonderful teachers. So far, we have raised a little over $2000. We are hoping to make that number go way up. Ways to donate include:
· Cash or Check: Payable to Smithfield PTA
· Credit or Debit Card Online at: https://smithfield.memberhub.store/shopping/categories/6857
· Venmo: @SmithfieldElem-PTA (Please add Capital Campaign in the memo.)
· Double your donation via Corporate Matching: Contact your employer’s Human Resources Department for details. Some employers who match include: Ally Bank, Aon Hewitt, AT&T, AXA, Bank of America, Beacon Partners, Charlotte Palm Corps, Duke Energy, GE Foundation, Goodrich, Home Depot, Kraft, LPL Financial, Premier, and TIAA.
o Please include a copy of your employer’s matching form
Randolph Middle School- Open House
Please see note from Brian Bambauer, principal of Randolph Middle School:
We are not hosting in-person Open Houses at this time, so it is important for prospective parents to know about our Virtual Open House website https://tinyurl.com/RandolphOpenHouse if they wish to learn more about Randolph Middle IB. The CMS first round magnet lottery is Nov 30 – Dec 13, 2020.
Smithfield's After School Enrichment Program has spots available! Register today!
Each child will have an Agenda that will go between home and school every day.
Weekly ConnectEd email newsletters
Facebook (Smithfield PTA):
School Website: http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/smithfieldES