By Hannah Schuurman
Spencer's major impacts on society
- Curriculum Theory of Education based on the idea that education should be centered around preparation for further life rather than academic advancement
- Developed 5 major objectives of schooling
- Self preservation
- performance of occupations
- child running
- social and political participation
- recreation and leisure
3. Believed school should be a slower process of interaction with humans and nature
to gain information naturally
4. Developed the idea of "survival of the fittest"
5. Overall well known in America for his criticism that education does not prepare
children for society, and his political views.