Why is it important to go to school everyday?
10 Tips for Good Attendance
1. Get your child to school on time, every day, and make sure homework assignments are completed on time.
2. Extended vacations, long weekends, and frequent doctor appointments scheduled during school hours because it will cause your child to fall behind in class.
3. Being in school every day raises your child’s chances for scoring well on important tests throughout the year.
4. Follow the proper school guidelines for reporting Excused absences in a timely manner.
5. Allow your child to stay home only when he/she has a contagious illness or is too sick to be comfortable.
6. Make sure your child exercises, eats a balanced diet, and gets plenty of sleep. This will help him/her to be mentally and physically ready to learn.
7. Read all information sent home by the school. Post important dates on a family bulletin board or on the refrigerator.
8. Give your child enough time to get ready for school in the morning. Prepare lunches, pack school bags, and lay out clothing the night before.
9. Plan and organize during the summer to make school a number-one priority.
10. Plan family trips during scheduled school vacations and holidays. Schedule appointments after school hours whenever possible.