October 30, 2015
- RECIPES DUE TO JACKIE HARDEE TODAY!!
- Intruder Training- Our date and time has been moved. We will now be participating in our training on November 20, during our building wide PD day. We will most likely do this training during the morning portion of PD. Go ahead and "unmark" your calendars for the December 7 date & time. More details to come..
- Transportation Change- In your newsletters, please remind parents of our procedure for transportation changes. Any change made should be in writing. If a change needs to be made it must be 30 minutes before dismissal. It is for their child's safety that this procedure is in place. We can not take a child off the bus at the last minute. If parents have any questions, please refer them to the front office for clarification.
- Belton Canvas iBSDpd- Is now OPEN! Please take a moment to login in and make sure you are able to get started. If you have any issues please reach out to Ivy Nelson ASAP.
- Winter Wonderland- Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 5 from 9-11. Don't forget to hand out the Winter Wonderland flyer Joanie sent out at conferences. Tracy has sent a link for the Wonderland Sign-Up- make sure to sign up and list any supplies needed.
~ Modules Open- October 16, 7am
~ Completion Deadline- April 15, 11:59pm
- Angel Tree (Adopt-A-Family)- Please be thinking of any families who may be in need of some holiday support. Tracy has sent forms for you to fill out so that you may refer a family. Once referral forms are received the ornaments will be hung. Families and staff are welcome to keep one ornament and write their name on the back of the other and turn it into Joanie. All gifts will be turned in to Success by Six unwrapped with the ornament tapped on top.
~November 11- Referral forms DUE by 3:00pm
~December 1- All remaining ornaments will be given to Junior National Honor Society @ Mill Creek
~December 18- All presents delivered to families
- Adopt-an-Area at Grace- As part of our Service Learning initiative at Grace the Character Ed team has developed a list of areas to be adopted and cared for by classrooms. You should have received a sign-up sheet to choose an area of your choice. It looks as though most rooms have done this, if you haven't, please do so. Signs will be placed up in each area. This will be a great opportunity to allow our students to care for our entire Grace community!
- Character Education Bulletin Board- Don't forget to post a few pictures of your students showing good character with a description of what they're doing. Remember, we will be focusing on the four building blocks at Grace- COURAGE, RESPECT, KINDNESS and RESPONSIBILITY. Rooms 2 & 5 you are up for the month of November!
- Mantle Duty for November- Room 6
- Read from the Start- We are FULL! Parents will learn about the importance of reading while learning strategies to use with their child when reading together. These families will all get FREE books! Incase anyone asks, the details are below.
Date: November 10, 2015
Childcare is provided. Refreshments will be served.
Each family will receive FREE quality books.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- October 30- NO SCHOOL
- November 2 - Fire Dril 2:00
- November 10- Read from the Start 5:00-7:00
- November 20- Grace Professional Development
- November 25-27 No School- Thanksgiving Break
- November 30- No School-District Professional Development
- October 29- Jamie Michaelree
- October 31- Michelle Fisher
- October 31- Jennifer Green
- November 1- Tammy Thompson
- November 11- Emily Wills
- November 13- Sarah Grube
- November 16- Kim Knipp
- November 23- Megan Carroll
- November 30- Paula Glaser
THANK YOU to EVERYONE who helped to contribute to Paula's Luncheon today! You ALL are such tremendous teammates and friends!
I can't say enough how much I appreciate the ENTIRE Grace staff for making conferences meaningful, wonderful and smooth for our families. It takes the entire building chipping in to make these meetings go as well as they do. Whether you greeted families as they came, in, visited with parents, covered in various areas, or cared for children as parents met with teachers...I appreciate you ALL!