Graduate Credit Iowa Reading Conf.
Viterbo University - $110/1-hour graduate credit option
- Registration paid to Iowa Reading Association for full conference.
- Full attendance of all sessions. Write a paragraph summarizing content/information from each session on provided form.
- Copy, read and critique a recent article from a professional journal of your choice. (Reading Teacher, NAET, ASCD-Curriculum and Development, Etc.) Write a 3-4 page plus response/summary of the article. (Type written/double spaced - due 7/9/18)
- Write an “action plan/implementation plan” (typed & double spaced) describing your intentions of incorporating the strategies you’ve learned at the sessions you’ve attended. Be specific. (The Higher Learning Commission mandates all graduate work 30 additional hours of homework done for each 1 credit.) Your action plan MUST reflect this time requirement. You may include a sample lesson plan and/or complete description of your intended strategy implementation. (Due 7/9/18)
- Attend 4:00 p.m. collaboration sessions, Tuesday and Wednesday (Room TBA).
Instructor will again be providing ample supply of hand-picked copies of research journal articles. These will be available at the Viterbo University table and are relevant to conference theme for teachers use in taking this course. NO CHARGE!
[Provided as a resource to complete requirement #3]
Your Instructor for the Graduate Credit Option
In 8th year teaching this course!
Conference Instructor: Lori Vicker
Lori Vicker, MA, Reading Specialist:
Lori has taught Graduate classes for Viterbo and Drake for the past 30 years and specializes in reading strategies, emergent literacy and children's literature.
Named Iowa Reading Teacher of the Year (IRA), Elementary Teacher of the Year (DMPS) and has been an adjunct teacher for Viterbo for 25 years.
Pre-register today via email:
To pre-register complete, sign and email the attached registration form to:
Payment by check or credit card will be collected at the Viterbo table.
[Viterbo University table at the conference]