FAC Weekly Update
February 7, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope that you had a wonderful week! It certainly was eventful...many thanks to our students, faculty, and staff for their flexibility and professionalism during yesterday's storm. We would also like to express our gratitude to Mr. Joe Urban and the GCS Food Services Team for providing pizza for our students. They anticipated the possibility of an issue with lunch service and came through with 500 slices for the FAC, which made for a delicious afternoon!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
“People often say that adversity makes you stronger, but that’s not always true. Many face adversity and become fearful and fragile as a result. The truth is adversity makes you stronger if you learn from it. Stay positive and resilient, and use it as a fuel for your growth.”
- Jon Gordon and Daniel Decker, STAY POSITIVE, page 19
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
Concert Opportunity for Students, Families, and the GVL Community
Students - What are YOU doing this summer?
Music Club of Greenville - Scholarship for Grade 12 Students
The Music Club of Greenville will once again offer a scholarship to instrumentalists and vocalists who will be pursuing a degree in:
- Music Performance
- Music Education
- Musical Theatre
The deadline for the application is March 8, 2020. Please click on the following link for more information and to access the application - https://musicclubgreenville.org/scholarship-application.
Community Performances Featuring FAC Students
- Center Stage - I Feel Good - January 23 - February 16, 2020 - https://centrestage.org/ifeelgood/
- South Carolina Children's Theatre - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - January 25 - February 5. https://scchildrenstheatre.org/shop/lion-witch-wardrobe/
- Logos Theatre - A Peep Behind the Scenes - March 6 - April 25. https://thelogostheatre.com/
- Greer Children's Theatre - Frozen Jr. - March 6-8 & 13-15, 2020 - http://www.cityofgreer.org/827/Greer-Childrens-Theatre
- Greenville Theatre - The Producers - June 5 - 28 - https://www.greenvilletheatre.org/2019-2020
- Milltown Players - The Music Man - July 24 - August 8 - http://www.milltownplayers.org/currentseason
From the FAC pARTners
Event Ticketing Help
Please take a moment to help us with the ticketing process at one of our performances. The FAC pARTners have created a sign-up genius where you can select an event that works with your schedule - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-2020. We greatly appreciate the donation of your time and energy to this vital process!
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- February 11: Percussion Studio Masterclass at the Peace Center
- February 13: Architecture Studio - Student Gallery Opening, 6:30 p.m. FAC Sheffield Wood Gallery
- February 19: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- February 21-22: Region Band Rehearsals and Concert, Anderson University
- February 21-23: All-State Orchestra Rehearsals and Concert - FAC and WHHS.
- February 22: SCNATS Auditions - FAC Voice Studio - Furman University.
- February 26: Jazz Concert at Genevieve's (Peace Center), 7:00 p.m.
- February 26-March 1: Dance Studio Trip to National High School Dance Festival
- February 27-28: All-County Band Rehearsals and Concert, FAC and WHHS
- March 5: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall