Big Sky Community Library News
It feels like there is a lot going on and we want to make sure you are aware of it.
We are going to be able to extend our hours this summer since school is out. The hours are listed below.
The school is going to be under construction starting June 13th. There are a few stages of construction. The first includes a 7 foot trench in front of the library that will be dug on June 17th. Because of that construction, we won't start our full summer hours until the following week. We will begin using a different entrance, walk through the school building, and having library hours on Friday and Saturday the week of June 20th. As soon as it is determined, we will let you know which entrance to use. The second part of the construction will involve turning off the water and sewer throughout the building. We are working with the school to understand the time-frame and determine what we can do while there is no water. We will keep you posted about that also.
Because of this construction and the disruptions we will experience in the library, we are going to be continuing to have storytime at BASE and we will have the summer reading program for the elementary school students at BASE as well.
We will also have some new fun activities this summer - they are highlighted below!
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the changes with the school and construction. Please email us with any questions. We will send out updates as we have them. We want to hear from you. Please reach out!
One Book Big Sky on June 14th
Lisa will be here on June 14th at 6:30 pm.
Bring your friends and we will see you soon!
Page to Screen Summer Movie Series
June 13th - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
July 11th - Divergent
August 1st - Where the Wild Things Are
We are also partnering with The Independent to host an additional page to screen movie each month at 8pm.
June 20th - 3 Days of the Condor
July 25th - Hunger Games
August 22nd - Dune (2021 version)
Thank you for sponsoring this event, Moonlight Community Foundation!
And thank you to The Independent for partnering with us!
Resort Tax on Thursday
The projects are:
1. Programming like storytime, the summer reading program, author visits, etc. (page 6)
2. Operations including keeping our collection current, building community partnerships, and maintaining the library space (page 15)
3. Library copier/printer update so that it is still available for community use (page 16)
4. Library facility improvements prep will enable us to complete some of the preliminary studies (fiscal, legal, and community-focused) to determine what the library and community need from the library for the future
Public Comment is encouraged. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Prior to the meetings please email email@example.com and include your first and last name. Any comments received will be shared with the Board.
- Attend meetings and make public comments in person during calls for public comment.
- If you are watching on Zoom, please use the ‘raise your hand’ feature to share during calls for public comment.
- Comments on the Facebook live stream WILL NOT be accepted as public comment and WILL NOT be addressed by BSRAD staff or Board members.
Suggestions for productive public comment:
• Read and review project applications. CLICK HERE TO VIEW APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING
• Share feedback based on the proposed projects.
o Broad-based feedback for organizations does NOT communicate to the District why a project is important and how it meets community
New Reading Tracker
We will officially launch the site and app after school is out. We will send you an update with instructions for how to login and start working on the Summer Reading Program badges!
Summer Reading Program...Oceans of Possibilities
The activities will all be at BASE this year because of construction around the library this summer. The schedule of events is:
June 21st at 4:00 pm: Walt the Magician
June 28th at 4:00 pm: Gallatin River Task Force
July 12th at 4:00 pm: Maestra Julia will be doing art
July 18th (Monday) at 4:00 pm: The Lego Guy
July 26th at 4:00 pm: Montana Outdoor School
The Community Library is continuing to have storytime every (restarting June 13th)
Monday and Friday at 10:30 at BASE.
All are welcome (no BASE pass required).
We have to pause storytime this week and next (BASE had to close the space for some work), but will be back at it starting June 13th. We look forward to seeing you then!
If you are interested in learning a new language, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for how to access our subscription and begin learning today!
Get Sora Today
OverDrive will be shutting down its app in a couple of months. Download Sora to continue to enjoy our digital library.
In Sora, find your library then sign in. (If you have an OverDrive account, this is the same thing) email us at email@example.com if you do not know your account information.
Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books from there. Then you can:
- Click or tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Click or tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
It's as easy as that!