DMS Weekly Update
November 16, 2015
There are just 5 days standing between you and a much deserved rest over the Thanksgiving Break. 5 days. How will you chose to spend these next 5 days? There are so many things that we do not have control over, but we do have control on our attitude and how we chose to approach our day. For most of us, the break represents rest, time with family, travel and sleeping in late with no schedule! The same is true for many of our students. Hiding among the stories of travel and fun are faces of your students that may not be looking forward to a week at home. That week may not be full of peace, comfort and positive family relationships. Don't miss the opportunities to connect with those students this week. Just a quick conversation letting them know you will miss them and that you will be looking for them when they return may make all the difference in the world to them. You have 5 days to make a difference and help a student feel a sense of connection that holds them steady when everything else in their lives spins out of control.
I have chosen to spend these next 5 days being thankful for all the blessings that are in my life. Thankful for my family, this job, and each of you. I have also chosen to seek out those faces hiding among their peers either trying not to get noticed or acting out because they don't know how else to respond. How willy you spend these next 5 days?
Jeans This Thursday and Friday for Everyone!
On Your Radar
- Reviews Due to Maureen this Wednesday
- Exams Due to Maureen Dec. 1st
- Reviews Given to Students Dec. 4th
- Exams start Dec. 15th
- New exam schedule that includes sack lunches on Dec. 17th and 18th
- PTO is doing pies in the lounge this Friday!
- Girls BB has home game on Thursday
- Homework Blackout Day This Friday (no HW over Thanksgiving)
- CBLT on Dec. 2nd at 4:10 pm
- Faculty/Student VB Game on Dec. 4th
- Faulty Holiday Party on Dec. 4th at 4:15-6:00 pm at Soto's
- Progress Reporting Period 4 ends on Dec. 4th
- Dec. 7th is College Shirt Day