News from Room 15
February 8-12, 2016
We will be taking a short break from our unit about bodies in order to celebrate Valentine's Day. We will return to our unit next week. Some highlights for this week will be sorting hearts, learning valentine vocabulary, describing hearts, and the party on Wednesday.
- THANK YOU for all of the donations for our raffle basket that we have received. Our basket looks great!
- Information about signing up for parent teacher conferences will be coming soon.
Have a great week!
~ Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Joyce, Mrs. Patrice
Theme and Stories We Will Share
Valentine's Day Is... by Gail Gibbons
Valentine's Day by Anne Rockwell
We will know the name and sound for the letter KK. (literacy)
We will be able to write the letter KK. (literacy)
We will be able to segment the sounds in a word. (literacy)
We will understand the purpose for writing. (literacy)
We will be able to point to words as we read. (literacy)
We will know the names of capital letters. (literacy)
We will understand the concepts of more/less when counting. (math)
We will understand how to be responsible. (PBS)
We will know vocabulary associated with Valentine's Day.
Activities for Home
- Ask you student what the author and illustrator of a book do.
- Talk about which group of items has more or less.
- Talk about things you do as a family or with friends to celebrate holidays.
- Wednesday, February 10th - Valentine's Day Parties
- Wednesday, February 10th - Book Orders Due
- Friday, February 12th - NO School - Professional Development Day
- Monday, February 15th - NO School - President's Day
- Friday, February 19th - Duckling Dance sponsored by the Hackmann Action Team
- February 23rd & 24th - Self-Control guidance lesson with Mrs. Beth
- February 23rd & 24th - Pajamas for Diabetes Days (more info to come)
- Friday, March 4th - NO PM Classes - Records Day
- March 7th-11th - Duckling Days - wear duckling shirts or blue and yellow.
February 10-14: Brent P.
February 19-21: Lucia D.